Default short end of the stick

Featured Sponsor

Read a post by jerry,it was called "easy" way i believe.He has a point,which never doned on me,the path of least resistance,even some animals do this,why when looking for food would an animal make it harder on himself so that another could have an easy meal.But thats not what he was saying,if he was saying running from work that wouldnt be true either,i can take the best or what i would call the dirtiest.Oh he said ,screwing other workers.Im sorry he feels that way,and i didnt want it to sound that way.I did consider that maybe it would though.I guess it was the way i was brought up in the trade,where ive worked there has always been plenty of lineman,actually the word would be many lineman.So you deal with many types and pic up alot of habits,tricks ect.I dont know how small co-ops do things,but i do know how large utilities operate.Here theres a saying that has always been true,some people dont like it but it is what it is.Every lineman knows that you going to have these "sometimes chicken sometimes feathers days".Theres always sombody that will get the short end of the stick,its just a part of the job.Every lineman knows that when the others pick or kid with you,it means that they like you.And they know if that gets to you ,they can make it worse.Now the problem with having the short end of the stick isnt the work.Ive seen guys get the short end and never realize what there getting,and worse even in a way ask for more.Some guys dont seem to see whats actually right in front of them.Seen all that stuff,guys screwing themselves out of meal tickets,guys screwing themselves out of rest periods that they deserve,we have all seen it.And jerry by the way,the area where i was talking about was an intensive urd area,so no pole pickers there.Ive had lots of feather days,didnt like it one bit,but looking back,its just another part of the job.Ive even smiled at times when getting the short end,because i realized what was right in front of me.