Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Northwest line JATC

Featured Sponsor

Does anyone know the chances of getting into the nothwest line jatc program without attending their VOLTA school? The reason I ask is VOLTA is connected to them and it makes me think that they are less likely to accept you into the program if you have not attended that school. Any help would be appreciated.

I am an apprentice in the nortwest and have met many guys that did not go to VOLTA who got in the northwest. I know guys from Avista, NLC and even a guy from some school in the southeast.
    I would say that if a guy wanted to get into the northwest line program VOLTA is a good start but I think the work history and interview holds more weight in in the boards decision then what school someone went to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I am an apprentice in the nortwest and have met many guys that did not go to VOLTA who got in the northwest. I know guys from Avista, NLC and even a guy from some school in the southeast.
    I would say that if a guy wanted to get into the northwest line program VOLTA is a good start but I think the work history and interview holds more weight in in the boards decision then what school someone went to.
    Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Whats the work picture like up there? Do you think now is a good time to apply?

Default northwest line

I think we have 35 apes out of work right now but this is the slow time. I think the next interview is in March but i would say that june is the better time to interview. I wish I had more info but this is all I've got. good luck

I don't think they are doing any training right now. Last time I checked the site it said due to lack of work training centers are closed.

Cal/Nev is easier to get into and is a better apprenticeship IMO my buddy that works there said they are interviewing more guys in feb
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

7. Default Info

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    Cal/Nev is easier to get into and is a better apprenticeship IMO my buddy that works there said they are interviewing more guys in feb
    West Coast Hand- was wondering if you knew or your buddy knows if there planning on putting on any climbing classes anytime soon? Currently ranked 20th with cal/Nev so it's pretty much a waiting game from here any info would help Tnx..

I live in California so that was my original plan. However I heard that cal/nev is difficult to get into.
    So I've been looking into other programs.

nwjatc has the better training. they still hotstick up there. you can teach anybody to glove. look at the boys from the south. i started w/pg&e in '71. no bucket trucks, anything under 5kv was gloved, everything else was "sticked". hot sticking much safer. just as fast as gloving because you dont have to build a "rubber" tree.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by SMUD View Post
    I live in California so that was my original plan. However I heard that cal/nev is difficult to get into.
    So I've been looking into other programs.

I emailed them a few weeks ago, and they said that they currently arent accepting any applications for apprenticeships... the lady said she didnt know when they would be starting up again either... kind of a bummer.