Thread: Got the call !

1. Default Got the call !

Featured Sponsor

Well i finally got the call from mountain states and i hauled ass from california to utah and im staying in a hotel by myself. any tips on how you guys do this. staying in a hotel gets kind of pricey any one have any tips? anything at all would help thanks

Ummmmmmm You kaint be the only one from sumwheres else. Find out who else is in the same or similar boat and then partner up with em n split expenses. There will also be the opportunity to lurn from one another when yer not werkn.

What city in Utah are you workin in?

4. Default

Well im workin in salt lake and i just found a room for rent for pretty cheap. I have a trailor but thats back in california and i dont know how it would do in the cold out here its kind of old.

Cool! Congrats on the job. You are very lucky. I've got some buddies with mtn states, and they love it. What kinda work y'all doing out there?

Good luck out there!

6. Default

Thanks man
    Well they got us workin at the airport. They got a light rail going in from th airport to the arena.All the journeymen say this aint real line work but I dont care im just greatful to get the opportunity. sounds like theres a lot more work coming so im happy. Is there anything i can do to be a good apprentice? any thing i shouldnt do?

I live in california as well. I was thinking about applying for the apprenticeship programs across the country. What made you decide to apply for mountain states? Did you just apply for all the programs? I'm trying to decide what programs to apply for first, so any advice you could give would be appreciated. Is there a lot of work in mountain states? Do you know what regions are looking for the most apprentices?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SMUD View Post
    I live in california as well. I was thinking about applying for the apprenticeship programs across the country. What made you decide to apply for mountain states? Did you just apply for all the programs? I'm trying to decide what programs to apply for first, so any advice you could give would be appreciated. Is there a lot of work in mountain states? Do you know what regions are looking for the most apprentices?
    Well i decided to go with mountain states becouse at the time they were the only ones near me that were accepting applications plus I loved the mountains in california and its beutiful out here. and its a lot closer than back east.

Quote Originally Posted by IMcCay View Post
    Well i decided to go with mountain states becouse at the time they were the only ones near me that were accepting applications plus I loved the mountains in california and its beutiful out here. and its a lot closer than back east.
    That makes sense. How long did it take you to get called? I'm going to apply for northwest line. Just waiting on getting my high school transcripts right now. I was going to apply for mountain states next. What kind of qualifications did you have? Did you have your class a when you applied? Where you working as a groundman?

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by SMUD View Post
    That makes sense. How long did it take you to get called? I'm going to apply for northwest line. Just waiting on getting my high school transcripts right now. I was going to apply for mountain states next. What kind of qualifications did you have? Did you have your class a when you applied? Where you working as a groundman?
    I applied in summer 2010, interviewed in december 2010 did the orientaion in july 2011 after that i got my class a and they just called me to work. I never went to line college because i couldnt afford it. but i did have construction experience.