Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear TechGuy

Featured Sponsor

Hush you two! Jeeze. Swamp, quit egging. Steve, you go off at a drop of a hat! And everyone is tired of you bringing up the "dodger" comments. It gets really old. Either you two get along outside of EAYOR or you can both have another vacation. This is a warning to you both.

Now, back to our current station. I've received this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lforum/editpost.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Which I thought was funny. Maybe I'm the trouble maker here. Anyway, I wanted to make a point that there are some issues and I'm forwarding them on. But, folks have their own lives and other work. We will address them as they come. Most of you have been patient.

Another thing. I do receive all reported posts. Remember that anything that happens in EAYOR stays in EAYOR. I also forward these reported posts to FBOD. And if any of you get out of line outside of EAYOR we will address these situations too.

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Hush you two! Jeeze. Swamp, quit egging. Steve, you go off at a drop of a hat! And everyone is tired of you bringing up the "dodger" comments. It gets really old. Either you two get along outside of EAYOR or you can both have another vacation. This is a warning to you both.

Now, back to our current station. I've received this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lforum/editpost.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Which I thought was funny. Maybe I'm the trouble maker here. Anyway, I wanted to make a point that there are some issues and I'm forwarding them on. But, folks have their own lives and other work. We will address them as they come. Most of you have been patient.
    THANKS L A , long overdo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Either you want to know what is wrong with this board or you don't. One thing you will get OUTSIDE ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK is a full blown EXPLOSION FROM ME WHEN ONE OF THE RATS ON THIS BOARD BAITS ME OUTSIDE OF ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. ARE YOU GOING TO BAN swamPIGnorant FOR BAITING OUTSIDE EAYOR OR NOT?

DON'T KNOW WHO you ARE AND COULD CARE LESS, YOU WANT TO ADDRESS MY POST SEE ME IN EAYOR.
    Name:  kleenex.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  5.1 KB..............................

Maybe there's a lose nut behind the keyboard?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    Maybe there's a lose nut behind the keyboard?
    Ummm..........I'll reboot then.

Default Dear techguy

<....delete....>
    Last edited by rcdallas; 01-04-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Default Recent Outage for those who are interested

Hello All:

I wanted to post a quick note about an outage that occurred towards the end of last week. For about 36 hours, the site was slow to respond, and at times, appeared to be offline. The cause of this was a hardware failure in one of the hard disk drives that the site is stored on. Several times, the data center was forced to take the server off line to make hardware changes.

I worked closely with the technicians while these changes were made; most were done overnight to minimize impact.

I apologize for the trouble. If anyone would like further details, just send me a PM.

--TG

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    Well, I suspect it is a matter of perspective; the last server this site was on would not work, period. At all, ever... Remember the "Site has been suspended..." message that lasted 4 days.

If you see any databases errors, ever, fell free to send me a message; I get an automatic email message when this occurs, and have not received any...

If you would, if you see issues, just post them in the "Dear TechGuy" thread; I get updates on that one. While I may not always respond, I do read posts that are placed there. I appreciate the help of ALL members who contribute to the boards.

Doing all I can to keep it running smoothly,

--TG
    Thanks TG. I kinda forget the little things like the "space 1" deal until I'm reading and it slows down some.

Also, some are having trouble posting pics. I can't figure out why. Of course it took me a while to figure out how to use it. Do you see anything wrong with that part of it?

Featured Sponsorr

Ummmmm N whats up with this having to log in every time I leave and come back?Never did that before......Mite hafta do it 4 times in a day ......... Just started that crap today.