Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ODBank View Post
    You new guys getting hired on in Division don't realize how good you've got it:

Pros: All the DT you could ever want, rest periods, you know where your sleeping every night or during the day (getting paid), you won't work nearly as hard as a GC Lineman or Apprentic but you'll make a lot more money if you choose to (key word is choose), storm damage is optional.

Cons: You'll miss out on the training you'll get in GC, that's it.
    yeah thanks...gc or division...I'm just super stoked to begin my journey to becoming a journey... and about the training...I'm sure division has a great on.the.job.training as well.just not as intense because of the difference in project sizes. but whatever.I'm planning to do my best and give no less than 110% anywhere I am at.

Default Refreshing

just thought I would refresh this thread...it is quite inspiring. are yall still on here to share anymore of your journeys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorn Ape View Post
    just thought I would refresh this thread...it is quite inspiring. are yall still on here to share anymore of your journeys?
    Any questions....?? i would have no problem once so ever to help anyway i can.. as for my pre-apprenticeship..All is going just Terrific. only 4 more months till i get my apprenticeship!!!CANT WAIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    Any questions....?? i would have no problem once so ever to help anyway i can.. as for my pre-apprenticeship..All is going just Terrific. only 4 more months till i get my apprenticeship!!!CANT WAIT!!
    HANG IN THERE, and good luck.

Default Livermore 'bootcamp' questions.

can anyone tell me what the livermore 'bootcamp' is like? 40 hr weeks? what type of training? what type of assessments? what does the day consist of?

Thank you in advance!!!

Default PG&E hiring

To powerline athlete 818,
    I am interested in applying for pg&e. I have been an apprentice working for a utility for a year and the city laid off 6 of the apprentices including me. I was wondering if you have any idea when they are going to start hiring again? Also where did you go to climbing school? I graduated from Pacoima skills center in December 2010.

I believe they are done hiring for the year but will do more next year. you might be able to schedule an ist, ptb, woi test in bakersfield in the mean time while its convenient for you... then you might get called for a physical test and interview the same day....good luck

Default Pre apprentice lineman bucket

I went on the website and see the opening for pre apprentice lineman "bucket" . Is that the position you are talking about? I saw that before but I am lost at the bucket part. Does that mean there is a bucket boot camp instead of climbing? Haha! Anyways, thanks for the help brotha man! I am going to apply.

Featured Sponsorr

yes, you can take your Pre-Qualifying tests before you actually apply...they are math, reading comprehension, mechanical concepts, etc...similar to a cast test. the math test has a very short time limit. you will not finish every question...so practice speed when it comes to dividing, multiplying, subtracting, adding fractions and decimals...I had a buddy tutor me with the time saving tricks to these types of problems...

i didnt even come close to finishing the test, but my answers on the ones i did were correct...i think thats what matters.

good luck