Default Got a Call from Pacific Gas & Electric

Featured Sponsor

Hello Brothers n Sisters. This will be my first post to this site and hopefully it'll be a good 1. Any who. I am 21 years old and I Just completed the 600hr Powerline Mechanic Training Program over @ the ELASC(East Los Angeles Skills Center). Not too long before i recieved my Cert i applied for the Pre-apprentice Lineman position.(ALL OF THEM). After about 2 weeks i recieved a Sorry letter(Do they think it makes us feel better by apologizing?) and i was beginning to lose hope. But.... then about 3 days later i recieved a Phone call( # was unavailable and i almost didnt answer it) And it was PG&E. They were calling for me to schedule a test date(PBT/IST/WOI) if i was still interested. Of course i WAS!... so now im headed to BAKERSFIELD this Friday @ 8:00AM SHARp (roughly around 7:45) Ive been studying my a$$ off brushing up on my mathematic skills(not my best subject) and now i feel absolutely confident in all the areas. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what is the process after you pass the written tests. about how long(if you qualify) does it take 2 get another set of tests(physical,interview etc.) any help or advice would be greatly honored! thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    Hello Brothers n Sisters. This will be my first post to this site and hopefully it'll be a good 1. Any who. I am 21 years old and I Just completed the 600hr Powerline Mechanic Training Program over @ the ELASC(East Los Angeles Skills Center). Not too long before i recieved my Cert i applied for the Pre-apprentice Lineman position.(ALL OF THEM). After about 2 weeks i recieved a Sorry letter(Do they think it makes us feel better by apologizing?) and i was beginning to lose hope. But.... then about 3 days later i recieved a Phone call( # was unavailable and i almost didnt answer it) And it was PG&E. They were calling for me to schedule a test date(PBT/IST/WOI) if i was still interested. Of course i WAS!... so now im headed to BAKERSFIELD this Friday @ 8:00AM SHARp (roughly around 7:45) Ive been studying my a$$ off brushing up on my mathematic skills(not my best subject) and now i feel absolutely confident in all the areas. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what is the process after you pass the written tests. about how long(if you qualify) does it take 2 get another set of tests(physical,interview etc.) any help or advice would be greatly honored! thanks again.
    Also does anybody have any idea when the next training courses will be offered. ( so far i only know of July 25.August 12.)

3. Default

I heard ELASC is a joke, its ran by some cable guy not even a lineman!

Default Dude

Dude. All we've been talkin about around here is PG&E. Check the prior threads. Everything you need to know is in there. I hope you like to read.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by linemanewbie View Post
    I heard ELASC is a joke, its ran by some cable guy not even a lineman!
    To be Quite frank we got taught by Apprentices,Journeymen and Foremans from Edison,DWP,Glendale and many others who always came out to School us up on the REALWORLD WORK. SOo u may have a point about our instructor being a cable guy but he DIDNT EARN MY 600HR CERT! so as long as thats under my belt i dnt really think any employer gives a rat A** who taught you but what youve learned. and yes ive been reading this forum over and over again. just thought id put my input on the whole pg&e subject. ANY CLASS DATES would be appreciated

Default ??

And didnt you go to ELASC!? When did you graduate?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    Hey bro congrats, but this subject has been covered multiple times..do a search