1. Default Americans signing Canadian books

Featured Sponsor

I'm an apprentice with Local 126 in PA. I am curious about the difference between IBEW locals in the US and Canada. Can a lineman (or apprentice for that matter) from an American local sign the books with a Canadian local?

I've heard of Canada using a "Red Seal" certification for linemen. What does that mean for American linemen? Do Americans need a Red Seal or Work Visa to work in Canada?

Any info would be appreciated. I'd love to travel North of the border someday.

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by kitaki2crows View Post
    I'm an apprentice with Local 126 in PA. I am curious about the difference between IBEW locals in the US and Canada. Can a lineman (or apprentice for that matter) from an American local sign the books with a Canadian local?

I've heard of Canada using a "Red Seal" certification for linemen. What does that mean for American linemen? Do Americans need a Red Seal or Work Visa to work in Canada?

Any info would be appreciated. I'd love to travel North of the border someday.
    It is not that simple for a USA lineman to work in Canada. You would have to take the inter-provincial test and pass it to be certified and\or your test and certification for each province. As an example; Ontario straight up above PA has its own provincial certification for lineman. It can be done, just not as easy as signing the books.