Featured Sponsor

Surprised it didn't say there were or weren't any "outages" associated with it?

It's a shame! Just another day tryin to keep the lights on for the customer and earn a dollar! RIP

Default "He lived for this job,"

Tampa Electric contractor electrocuted on the job
    In Print: Friday, May 13, 2011

TAMPA — A Tampa Electric contractor was electrocuted Thursday in the Lake Magdalene area, authorities said.

Jason T. Moore, 35, of Wesley Chapel was working in an elevated bucket at 14729 N Florida Ave., when he touched a live transformer, the Hills*borough County Sheriff's Office said.

"We heard a big bang and it blew out the power," said Zan Oliva, owner of a spa and salon across the street. "We looked outside and see the guy slouched over the bucket."

When Hillsborough Fire Rescue responded, bystanders were performing CPR on Moore, agency spokesman Ray Yeakley said. Moore was pronounced dead at University Community Hospital.

Moore worked for Team Fishel, a utility contractor based in Columbus, Ohio, with an office in Plant City, a company official said.

Moore graduated from high school in Middletown, Ohio, in 1994, said his father, Gary Moore of Crystal River. Years later, the family moved to Florida, and in 2002, Moore graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in management information systems, his father said.

Jason Moore quickly realized an office job was not for him, and he soon found his passion on the power lines, his father said.

"He lived for this job," Gary Moore said. "He worked through all the hurricanes, and he said there was no greater gratification than seeing people happy when he turned their electricity back on."

But there was a downside: the danger.

"He said it's very dangerous work and you had to rely on the guys you work with," Gary Moore said. "I worried about him all the time."

Gary Moore said he and his son were avid fishermen, but Jason was the talented one: "He was angler of the year a couple times in Ohio, and I couldn't even count the tournaments he won."

Jason Moore was facing charges of lewd and lascivious behavior toward a minor, state records show. His father said the legal costs — $42,000 so far — forced his son to work extra hours.

"He lost everything he had," Gary Moore said. "But he was working to get himself back to the respect that he deserved."

Earlier this year, Jason Moore had a daughter. The mother and his daughter recently moved to Texas, Gary Moore said.

Jason Moore was working so much, his father said, he couldn't travel to Ohio for the funeral of an uncle last week. His mother is still there, comforting her sister, who had just lost her husband.

http://video.tbo.com/v/40233165/tamp...on-the-job.htm

Hmmmm? There's a price to pay for everything I guess.
    I hope TECO enjoys the tremendous cost savings employing out of state contractors for simple distribution work

Quote Originally Posted by CPOPE View Post
    Jason Moore was facing charges of lewd and lascivious behavior toward a minor, state records show. His father said the legal costs — $42,000 so far — forced his son to work extra hours.

"He lost everything he had," Gary Moore said. "But he was working to get himself back to the respect that he deserved."
    I hope he wasn't pushed to take his own life by the pressure of being looted by a profit motivated lawyer.......
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Hmmmmm. Lets think about this unfortunate fatality. The man was working as many hours as he posibly could trying to pay his legal fees, over $40,000 bucks . He had a lewd and lascivious behavior toward a minor charge hanging over his head and his new born daughter and the mother of the child recently moved to texas.

seams like alot of baggage to be carring around working primary. Now he's dead . Alot of questions will never be answered.

Featured Sponsorr

May he rest in peace, his troubles here are over. I hope those who knew him heal and move on.