Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question!

Default Question!

Featured Sponsor

I have a question for information on a contractor. We at Local 320 are in the middle of tough negotiations and the company has moved in possible replacement workers for the line department. Just wondering if any of you guys know much about a contractor from N.H. called Utility Service and Assistance Inc. We can't find much information on them. Pretty sure they are non union but we are wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watzamta View Post
    I have a question for information on a contractor. We at Local 320 are in the middle of tough negotiations and the company has moved in possible replacement workers for the line department. Just wondering if any of you guys know much about a contractor from N.H. called Utility Service and Assistance Inc. We can't find much information on them. Pretty sure they are non union but we are wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Thanks
    Yeah I know of them, they been around for some time now. Are you saying they will scab at your place if you guys go out?
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

We don't know much about them but yes if they are not IBEW they may be positioning them to replace workers. Our contract runs out shortly and we are negotiating but as things are today it's tough going. I guess my question is whether or not they are union. Most if not all of our outside line contractors are IBEW.

Years ago USA was all union but I've kind of lost track of them. Last I heard they were doing stuff for Verizon. The USA I knew was started by some hands who left Public Service of N.H. I'm talking maybe 25 years ago. Back them most of their hands were out of local 104.
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Hey Lood thanks for the info as far as we can tell the guys are nonunion and here to supplement work if we walk. I will keep things updated here but if anyone has any other info on these guys it would be appreciated.

Why don't you just call the IBEW 104 hall and ask about USA?

http://www.ibew104.org/contact.htm
    Last edited by loodvig; 04-19-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks for the link Lood. They are a nonunion shop. First one we have had on the property in a long time. Lets just hope the worst scenerio dose'nt play out. It seems like most negotiations lately are companies trying to get back all the working conditions and pay scales that we fought so hard to get over the years. The climate is bad...

Quote Originally Posted by watzamta View Post
    Thanks for the link Lood. They are a nonunion shop. First one we have had on the property in a long time. Lets just hope the worst scenerio dose'nt play out. It seems like most negotiations lately are companies trying to get back all the working conditions and pay scales that we fought so hard to get over the years. The climate is bad...
    So they are now non union? I wonder if it's been sold or something? They were union when they worked on N.Grid's property.
    Good luck!

9. Default ?????????????

USA has always been non union even back in the days with Balinskis. But they haven't been strike breakers to my knowledge. Same old story though USA has lost a lot of there linemen to union contractors and they are survives so maybe trying looking to diversify and take the work no one wants.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by blik View Post
    USA has always been non union even back in the days with Balinskis. But they haven't been strike breakers to my knowledge. Same old story though USA has lost a lot of there linemen to union contractors and they are survives so maybe trying looking to diversify and take the work no one wants.
    They were? I always thought they were union? My Mistake! I remember a guy named Roman or something close to that.