Thumbs down Not about Union busting?

Featured Sponsor

http://bit.ly/garcoS

http://bit.ly/igfB81

Walker: Hi; this is Scott Walker

Koch: Scott!

David Koch. How are you?

Walker: Hey, David! I’m good. And yourself?

Koch: I’m very well. I’m a little disheartened by the situation there, but, uh, what’s the latest?

Walker: Well, we’re actually hanging pretty tough. I mean— you know, amazingly there’s a much smaller group of protesters—almost all of whom are in from other states today. The State Assembly is taking the bill up—getting it all the way to the last point it can be at where it’s unamendable. But they’re waiting to pass it until the Senate’s—the Senate Democrats, excuse me, the assembly Democrats have about a hundred amendments they’re going through. The state Senate still has the 14 members missing but what they’re doing today is bringing up all sorts of other non-fiscal items, many of which are things members in the Democratic side care about. And each day we’re going to ratchet it up a little bit…. The Senate majority leader had a great plan he told about this morning—he told the Senate Democrats about and he’s going to announce it later today and that is: The Senate organization committee is going to meet and pass a rule that says if you don’t show up for two consecutive days on a session day—in the state Senate, the Senate chief clerk—it’s a little procedural thing here, but— can actually have your payroll stopped from being automatically deducted—

Koch: Beautiful.

Walker: —into your checking account and instead—you stil get a check, but the check has to be personally picked up and he’s instructing them—which we just loved—to lock them in their desk on the floor of the state Senate.

Koch: Now you’re not talking to any of these Democrat bastards, are you?

Walker: Ah, I—there’s one guy that’s actually voted with me on a bunch of things I called on Saturday for about 45 minutes, mainly to tell him that while I appreciate his friendship and he’s worked with us on other things, to tell him I wasn’t going to budge.

Koch: Goddamn right!

Walker: …his name is Tim Cullen—

Koch: All right, I’ll have to give that man a call.

Walker: Well, actually, in his case I wouldn’t call him and I’l tell you why: he’s pretty reasonable but he’s not one of us…

Koch: Now who can we get to budge on this collective bargaining?

Walker: …I think the paycheck will have an impact… secondly, one of the things we’re looking at next…we’re still waiting on an opinion to see if the unions have been paying to put these guys up out of state. We think there’s at minimum an ethics violation if not an outright felony.

Koch: Well, they’re probably putting hobos in suits.

Walker: Yeah.

Koch: That’s what we do. Sometimes.

Walker: I mean paying for the senators to be put up. I know they’re paying for these guy—I mean, people can pay for protesters to come in and that’s not an ethics code, but, I mean, literally if the unions are paying the 14 senators— their food, their lodging, anything like that…[*** Important regarding his later acceptance of a Koch offer to “show him a good time.” ***]

Walker: …I’ve got layoff notices ready…

Walker: [bragging about how he doesn't budge]…I would be willing to sit down and talk to him, the assembly Democrat leader, plus the other two Republican leaders—talk, not negotiate and listen to what they have to say if they will in turn—but I’ll only do it if all 14 of them will come back and sit down in the state assembly….legally, we believe, once they’ve gone into session, they don’t physically have to be there. If they’re actually in session for that day, and they take a recess, the 19 Senate Republicans could then go into action and they’d have quorum…so we’re double checking that. If you heard I was going to talk to them that’s the only reason why. We’d only do it if they came back to the capital with all 14 of them…

Koch: Bring a baseball bat. That’s what I’d do.

Walker: I have one in my office; you’d be happy with that. I have a slugger with my name on it.

Walker: [union-bashing...]

Walker: So this is ground zero, there’s no doubt about it. [Talks about a “great” NYT piece of “objective journalism.” Talks about how most private blue-collar workers have turned against public, unionized workers.]…So I went through and called a handful, a dozen or so lawmakers I worry about each day and said, “Everyone, we should get that story printed out and send it to anyone giving you grief.”

Koch: Goddamn right! We, uh, we sent, uh, Andrew Breitbart down there.

Walker: Yeah.

Koch: Yeah.

Walker: Good stuff.

Koch: He’s our man, you know.

Walker: [blah about his press conferences, attacking Obama and all the great press he's getting.] Brian [Sandoval], the new Governor of Nevada, called me last night he said—he was out in the Lincoln Day Circuit in the last two weekends and he was kidding me, he said, “Scott, don’t come to Nevada because I’d be afraid you beat me running for governor.” That’s all they want to talk about is what are you doing to help the governor of Wisconsin. . I talk to Kasich every day—John’s gotta stand firm in Ohio. I think we could do the same thing with Vic Scott in Florida. I think, uh Snyder—if he got a little more support—probably could do that in Michigan. You start going down the list there’s a lot of us new governors that got elected to do something big.

Koch: You’re the first domino.

Walker: Yep. This is our moment.

Koch: Now what else could we do for you down there?

Walker: Well the biggest thing would be—and your guy on the ground [Americans For Prosperity president Tim Phillips] is probably seeing this [stuff about all the people protesting, and some of them flip him off]

[Abrupt end of first recording, and start of second.]

Walker: [Bullshit about doing the right thing and getting flipped off by “union bulls,” and the decreasing number of protesters. Or some such.]

Koch: We’ll back you any way we can. What we were thinking about the crowd was, uh, was planting some troublemakers.

Walker: You know, well, the only problem with that — because we thought about that. The problem—the, my only gut reaction to that is right now the lawmakers I’ve talked to have just completely had it with them, the public is not really fond of this…[explains that planting troublemakers may not work.] My only fear would be if there’s a ruckus caused is that maybe the governor has to settle to solve all these problems…[something about '60s liberals.]…Let ‘em protest all they want…Sooner or later the media stops finding it interesting.

Koch: Well, not the liberal bastards on MSNBC.

Walker: Oh yeah, but who watches that? I went on “Morning Joe” this morning. I like it because I just like being combative with those guys, but, uh. You know they’re off the deep end.

Koch: Joe—Joe’s a good guy. He’s one of us.

Walker: Yeah, he’s all right. He was fair to me…[bashes NY Senator Chuck Schumer, who was also on the program.]

Koch: Beautiful; beautiful. You gotta love that Mika Brzezinski; she’s a real piece of ass.

Walker: Oh yeah. [story about when he hung out with human pig Jim Sensenbrenner at some D.C. function and he was sitting next to Brzezinski and her father, and their guest was David Axelrod. He introduced himself.]

Koch: That son of a bitch!

Walker: Yeah no kidding huh?…

Koch: Well, good; good. Good catching up with ya’.

Walker: This is an exciting time [blah, blah, blah, Super Bow reference followed by an odd story of pulling out a picture of Ronald Reagan and explaining to his staff the plan to crush the union the same way Reagan fired the air traffic controllers]…that was the first crack in the Berlin Wall because the Communists then knew Reagan wasn’t a pushover. [Blah, blah, blah. He's exactly like Reagan. Won't shut up about how awesome he is.]

Koch: [Laughs] Well, I tell you what, Scott: once you crush these bastards I’ll fly you out to Cali and really show you a good time.

Walker: All right, that would be outstanding. [*** Ethical violation much? ***] Thanks for all the support…it’s all about getting our freedoms back…

Koch: Absolutely. And, you know, we have a little bit of a vested interest as well. [Laughs]

Walker: [Blah] Thanks a million!

Koch: Bye-bye.

Walker: Bye.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

I think walker is pro union(in disguise) as I have NEVER seen such national solidarity and enthusiasm among union members and even non union, just plain working people........It is the ole "reverse psychology" plan.......Stay turned I think things are gonna get real interesting in the near future....WE WILL BE HEARD!

Think about all the different job categories that are union......teachers, utility and contract electric employees, police, firemen, EMTs, Truck Drivers, Railroad Employees, nurses, carpenters, steel workers, food service workers, communication workers, iron workers, DOT workers, auto workers, just to name a few!
    Last edited by electriklady; 03-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Lightbulb "Sometimes it's gotta get worse before....."

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    You just really WON'T recoginze the DIFFERENCE between PUBLIC Sector Union...Completely Payed for by the TAXPAYERS...And PRIVATE Sector unions, where those unions are interacting with the Private Business's and Corporations of America.

NOT the TAXPAYERS of the State or Govt...that DON'T and Can't "negociate" with said... PUBLIC Sector union.

Yeah..."unions" are bein heard alright. Especially PRIVATE sector Unions, that are siding with the PUBLIC TAXPAYER PAYED FOR Unions....JUST because of the word...union.

The two, are "apples and Oranges" lady.

And the PUBLIC TAXPAYER PAID FOR unions...are killin States, and State Budgets. And Yes. I am against them. Not Private Sector unions.

Unions have their place. And, it damn sure ain't in Public Govt, where those union members, are PAYED BY the TAXPAYER! And, the "TAXPAYER" has absolutely NO say...in those "negociations". It's Bullshit.

Your ignorance on this subject is really Bull Shit.....

Thumbs up "Democracy in the Workplace"

Private or public sector does not matter at all, a union is democracy in the workplace it's that simple. People join unions to have a united voice and strength through solidarity in hopes of being able to live a life of decency, have the ability to provide for their families and if their lucky a good retirement. Union labor's greatest years were created by our greatest generation as they returned from WWII and wanted a good job at a good wage with the benefits they deserved. The same solidarity that enabled them to prevail on the battlefield helped them in the workplace whether it was with a private sector employer or a public sector one. The result of their work ethic and sacrifice was middle-class America as we know it today. Like our brothers and sisters who came before us we will fight with all we have and in the end we will prevail against those who want to do us harm. Either you are with us or against us there is no middle ground in this fight. Don't ever forget WE ARE ONE!
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Default swamprat

a golden shower for your highness........

Well...we completely dissagree. It makes a SHITLOAD of Difference.

BIG difference. Union was formed for a PURPOSE. To unite against the unfair Work practices of Private Sector Companys and corporations.

Union, in the Public Sector, is a complete SCAM on the TAXPAYER how PAY their wages and "benifits". Union "people" that work FOR the TAXPAYER...don't "negociate" with anyone but "Politicians".
    Really? My Dad worked for the Feds in DC and was Union. Why was he Union? Cause of sh!t like the government (his boss!) killin his co-workers/friends and tryin to kill him! WHAT? THE GOVERNMENT COULD DARE BE AN UNFAIR EMPLOYER? UNHEARD OF (To Swampy maybe?)!

Yeah that's right! Tried killin off injured or sick employees! How'd they do that? Well see the workers had to go to a specific medical buildin for anything that ailed them. Work related or not! You call in sick, you got to the med facility. You get hurt on the job, off to the med facility! NO EXCEPTIONS! One of his good buds complained of extreme stomach pains? After 2 months of layin up in this place they finally took x-rays! BAM! Laced with cancer!

My Dad collapsed on the job! Off to the med facility! After bein jerked around a bit he was told he had a heart attack at 34! Stress related on the job? But see if ya died before retirement the gov. (his boss) only had to pay less than half of his pension to the widow???? AH! So the board had the Doc change the prognosis to "Genetic" heart condition! Come on! No way! Not in Swamps world!!

Well to make a long story short my Dad had major heart surgery and fought for 7 dam years to get his pension! Got a call one day by his one of fellow "Brotherhood" that came across BOTH copies of the Docs prognosis cleanin up a records room while on lite duty one day!!! The one statin it was genetic and the first one stating it was job related.

Not only did they pay him but he and 2 widows of former co-workers sued and got the Docs license to practice pulled FOR LIFE in the US AND.....the med facility was shut down and today those workers can go any where they want for treatment!!

That's how the "Government" treats an employee who not only fought in Nam but was a Secret Service member and a D.C. Fireman! JUST LIKE A DAM COMPANY TRIES TO TREAT IT'S EMPLOYEES! LIKE SH!T!

BTW! For a side note! That "True Union" he belonged to with a 2 day notice on a Saturday held a blood drive for my Dad cause he has a rare blood type that Cleveland Clinic didn't have for the surgery on he following Monday! Funny thing is they called up to his room and asked him to have the drive stopped Sunday afternoon cause they had twice the needed amount for him! During the procedure they nicked an artery and used every bit! He would've died if it weren't for the "Brotherhood!"

And that's only the stuff I'm tellin ya about!

"TRUE UNION TILL I DIE! PRIVATE OR NOT!"

SwampRAT,

As your name implies, you are quite obviously the expert on all things union.

Tax dollars do not pay for public sector unions.

Tax dollars are used for public sector unions members' wages.....an important point.

Follow me with this, dipshit.....

By that logic, why not close all liquor stores?

Tax dollars pay wages that are spent on beer!

How OUTRAGEOUS to have tax dollars spent on beer!!!

I'm personally ok with private sector beer, but this public sector beer

HAS "GOT" TO "GO"!!!!!!

(This post is called "sarcasm"......I am using that literary device to illustrate the fact that you are a ****ing moron.....)

psssst.....

in case you haven't figured it out yet....

public and private unions are paid by members' dues......

dumbass

Featured Sponsorr

You're gettin a little..."Bizzare" Mike.....

There's..."Story's"...all over america like that man. I got mine, I won't Even share, cause my parents are gone, and, there's no point.
    Not a real "defense" of Public sector Union man.....Especially the shit that's goin on in Wisconsin.

There's VERY Sad stories, from Many Familys and people...ALL across our country...as in every Country....

It doesn't have anything to do with Public sector, Payed for by TAXPAYERS... Union. Sorry.
    It's obvious you have a different agenda other than "debating?" You just wanna spew your hatred for Unions and not read or accept any counter debate! Is this you just "messin" with Union members again "cause it gets to them" or are you really this ignorant!

There's a huge point in remembering and appreciating what our parents and Unions have done for us in the past so to not let sh!t like that happen again! This is somethin (and a few others) continually miss!