Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Just so you know you're not alone in this. One of our crane drivers (Chris) has a kid that has serious health issues and for most of its life has randomly stopped breathing at night, setting off an alarm. Some days Chris would come into work in the morning in a state of total fatigue because he'd been up all night giving oxygen to his kid. On those days we let him sit in his cab and sleep as much as possible while we did preparatory work. We just kinda shuffled things around a bit to let the guy get some sleep.

It's been going on a long time. He occasionally calls by with his little girl in her wheelchair to see us. Sometimes I think there's just no way I'd ever want to be in his shoes.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

[QUOTE=BigClive;95288]Just so you know you're not alone in this. One of our crane drivers (Chris) has a kid that has serious health issues and for most of its life has randomly stopped breathing at night, setting off an alarm. Some days Chris would come into work in the morning in a state of total fatigue because he'd been up all night giving oxygen to his kid. On those days we let him sit in his cab and sleep as much as possible while we did preparatory work. We just kinda shuffled things around a bit to let the guy get some sleep.

It's been going on a long time. He occasionally calls by with his little girl in her wheelchair to see us. Sometimes I think there's just no way I'd ever want to be in his shoes.[/QUOTE]

We probably all feel that way and then it happens? Thank God for Moms and Wives! A friend once told me when I asked how a woman who never was a "baby person" could just turn around and be a Super Mom (especially for a challenging special needs child!) it's cause "they're wired that way!" Thank God cause as much as she would deny it's her that keeps us goin!

Hope your friend and his little girl are doin good Clive!
    Thanks!

Thanks for all the support! He's home again! Hope it stays that way!

Default Prayers

Have been and will continue to. Never apologize its THE best thing we can do and a compliment that you ask.

Koga

Quote Originally Posted by MI-Lineman View Post
    That is good news! Take care of that little man!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default Good News!

A prayer anwering God.

Are you getting ready for the weekend? Sounds like we are all going to get some ice Sunday night, at least here in MI.

Quote Originally Posted by MI-Lineman View Post

Great news!!!!!!

Glad he's doing great!! Positive thinking creates positive outcomes!!

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    A prayer anwering God.

Are you getting ready for the weekend? Sounds like we are all going to get some ice Sunday night, at least here in MI.
    Well that would be awesome since I'm on-call startin today! Course it'll hit everywhere cept here and then I won't be able to leave cause I'll be on-call! Always happens to me! In fact I'm wonderin if my phone's broke right now? Maybe I'll get lucky and have one of those frat boys dressed in womans cloths and makeup hit a pole like the crew had last week?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by heelwinch View Post
    I'm thinking that was probably CL heading for his rendevous with broke back drifter.
    Oh CRAP...................here we go again................