1. Default Hastings Hot Sticks !

Featured Sponsor

Has Anyone Had trouble get there hasting hot Sticks to test ? Our policy is to text once a year and most of our sticks fail ! We clean them before the test and they still won't pass ! We car now buying chance sticks now but I really liked my hastings stick better ! We had a brand new one fail this year and we sent it off and they said they stuck it in the oven ! We use these sticks in storms and they get wet they say to keep them dry ! So what are you going to do dry them everytime they get wet ? Any help here ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brs View Post
    Has Anyone Had trouble get there hasting hot Sticks to test ? Our policy is to text once a year and most of our sticks fail ! We clean them before the test and they still won't pass ! We car now buying chance sticks now but I really liked my hastings stick better ! We had a brand new one fail this year and we sent it off and they said they stuck it in the oven ! We use these sticks in storms and they get wet they say to keep them dry ! So what are you going to do dry them everytime they get wet ? Any help here ?

Thanks
    Are you doing the test yourselves or using a lab?

3. Default

We Use A lab ! They also test our trucks

Default Extendo Sticks

If your talking about Extendo sticks take them apart and clean them. We use a rag and a small rod to clean the inside. We test our own sticks and if we have one fail after cleaning we put all the pieces in a warm room standing up and it will allow the moisture to dry out. The stick test good after that. Also need to keep sticks in their cases in the truck bins.

5. Default

okay may try that thanks kid

We were having some of the same issues at my company. The hastings sticks that some in a tree trim/troublemans kit would fail the 100 KV a foot test that is the industry standard test for hot sticks. Upon further investigation it was only the hastings sticks that are foam filled but not sealed with epoxy at each end. These sticks are the ones that came in a pruning/troubleman's kit from Hastings. They would pass the test new but couldn't stand it after having been in use for awhile. The would pass the 50KV test still though. We still use these sticks for distribution but that is it. Nothing but the Omaha Orange AB Chance sticks for the transmission guys.
    This country is being destroyed by those who could not have created it. In order to return the days of this country being the proverbial shining city on the hill for all of the world to see, we must first return to the ways that enabled the light to first shine.