Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Hoffman Boot Repair

Featured Sponsor

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I just wanted to let everyone know how hoffman handles the repair of their boots. I bought a pair of their Powerline boots and after about 4 months the heel came loose on them, I contacted them about repair assuming it was still under a factory warranty and they would back them. I then learned that they only have a 90 day warranty and I would be responsible for payment for the repairs. So I went ahead and sent them in before it got any worse. I'll have pictures posted below of the before and after of the boots. I was far from pleased with the repair, they patched a piece of leather on the heel of the boots, where they sewed it on at top looked like they took about 5 seconds to do it, and nailed the leather to the sole of the boot. Also the leather they used was not even close to the same color as the leather my boot is made of. I called them to let them know it was unacceptable and the only thing they offered to do was for me to send the boots in for them to die the leather. I'm already into this repair $75 between shipping and paying them for the repair work and were not willing to refund any of that. Hoffman makes the most comfortable I've ever climbed/worked in but the craftmanship is sub par. Take a look at the pictures and you can make your own opinion.

2. Default

It wouldn't let me post the pictures because of the file size limit on this forum but you can see them here...http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/paddyhunt/
    Last edited by paddyhunt; 01-30-2011 at 09:32 AM.

paddyhunt, the link you gave us brings us into Lineman.com, when I click a photo it will not show me any and wants me to log in......try posting the link or URL of the actual photo.....

Default Boots

I have 3 pairs of hoffman lineman boots and love them,but I had one pair that I cut the leather on one of the steel toes and the put a piece of leather over the top and glued and sewed it.It looks like sh*t,I was very dipointed in there repair work.I will not send them and more repair work.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    paddyhunt, the link you gave us brings us into Lineman.com, when I click a photo it will not show me any and wants me to log in......try posting the link or URL of the actual photo.....
    Sorry about that, this link should work if it doesn't let me know and I will do something different...http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/paddyhunt/

You've got to be kidding me!? Talk about low rent on Hoffman's part!!!

It's too bad, because I went to Hoffman after I got fed up with Whites. They (Hoffman) used to be a good company.

There is a guy up in Seattle WA that does a pretty good job. His name is Dave Page, Cobbler. 1-800-252-1229. He's always provided me with good service and craftsmanship.

I just recently got my Danner/Hoffmans, Trooper Lineman, back from repair. Initially, i sent them back because the leather tore at a section of stitching and it appeared to be very thin leather in that area, manufacture defect. The tear was about an inch long on the inside instep of the boot. These boots were worn no more than ten times and in very good condition otherwise.

Well, they did a horrible repair. They didn't bother to profesionally repair them, like taking that section of leather out replacing it and stitch it back up. They slapped some shoe goo on the leather and frankenstein stitched over the original stitching. After one day the shoe goo was peeling off. I doubt they're still waterproof.

They lost my boots in their shop for an additional week too. I called several times wondering where my boots were and they couldnt find them. Finally they did and shipped them out after several weeks.

I won't be buying any boots from them again.

8. Default

Wow, that is ugly! I wish you guys had started this thread 2 weeks ago, my new Hoffmans should be here tomorrow.

Evidently Hoffman doesn't guarantee the uppers like Wesco and Whites. Dang that stitching didn't look very professional.

Featured Sponsorr

That crap sux!!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often