Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucksqueeze

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    38......and here is what a 42 year old did on 1/08/2011...... and explain how a buck squeeze would work here......these folks aren't going to put up with them and will hang up their hooks if it becomes mandatory.....

Attachment 2912
    You can still use the bucksqueeze, and still do your work. And this is where I would of had a board or a ladder. Just sayin'....

And further more, I'm not a fan of the bucksqueeze. But then I can't afford to start my own company either. So until then, I'll keep collecting the pay checks and play by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BookII View Post
    You can still use the bucksqueeze, and still do your work. And this is where I would of had a board or a ladder. Just sayin'....

And further more, I'm not a fan of the bucksqueeze. But then I can't afford to start my own company either. So until then, I'll keep collecting the pay checks and play by the rules.

That was a hard dead end, let to the ground to squeeze and in the photo the jumper is being made up. All in 45 minutes from ground to ground. Put your board up and be the first for a lay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    That was a hard dead end, let to the ground to squeeze and in the photo the jumper is being made up. All in 45 minutes from ground to ground. Put your board up and be the first for a lay off.
    So you're telling me that if a board had been available, the employee would have been laid off by the union contractor for working smarter???

Looks like a fun way down the pole! Glad ya got a picture of it.

5. Default

We just started using the Bucksqueeze about 2yrs ago ! It's hard to climb a pole with a meter Stack on it ! And Crossing stuff like phone lines cable lines etc sucks ! It just takes time to get use to just like everything else I guess ! I like free climbing myself but we Have to use it ! I'm getting better at it but I still don't care much for it

Quote Originally Posted by brs View Post
    We just started using the Bucksqueeze about 2yrs ago ! It's hard to climb a pole with a meter Stack on it ! And Crossing stuff like phone lines cable lines etc sucks ! It just takes time to get use to just like everything else I guess ! I like free climbing myself but we Have to use it ! I'm getting better at it but I still don't care much for it
    Yeah that's how I figure it, the guys who learned to free climb, hate the Bucksqueeze, or other fall protection, but us new guys started off with it, so we don't mind it.

Do you guys that are using the Bucksqueeze put the paddle on the left or right?

I'm right-handed and have tried both ways, but I can't decide which I like better. I think I have settled on keeping the rope-adjuster for crossing obstacles on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by mommer View Post
    using it every day and let me tell you. it will keep you from falling, but is that the issue? what happens when you are holding 2 hotsticks and cant move arround the pole without 2 hands? that to me seems to be a bigger issue than falling?
    Mommer,

I have been tinkering with this thing for a while now. You are right that you cannot circle the pole with no hands. But you are wrong that you need two hands. I have found I can circle with one hand by pulling the Bucksqueeze around the direction I want it to move with the opposite hand....If I want it to move around to the right, I grab the left side and slide it around.

With that said, I still stand by what I said earlier. The Bucksqueeze affords 180 degree of movement without moving it at all. If I find myself in a situation where I need to move more than that with no hands, I will know it is time to call for another hand.

Quote Originally Posted by pre_apprentice_ID View Post
    Looks like a fun way down the pole! Glad ya got a picture of it.

I like the photo's you have uploaded into this Forums Photo Gallery, keep it up!!!

Default Pictures

Featured Sponsorr

Thank you highplains, I will keep em comin.