Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what gear does your company supply?

Featured Sponsor

just wondering what stuff your company buys for you. where i work we get 100 bucks every 2 years for boots, they supply our gloves & sleeves, uniforms and winter chlothing, (except for leather gloves), we have to provide our own basic hand tools and we buy our own belt & hooks, how about everyone else?

$500.00 FR clothing allowance per year, all safety gear tools hooks belt gloves rubber and work gloves are company furnished, gotta buy your own boots, not a bad gig though, I remember outfits I worked for years ago that did'nt furnish hardly anything, times sure have changed.

yea getting the fr clothing furnished is great, and we have a uniform company pick them up, wash them and bring them back each week, the wife really likes that.

The only thing we have to buy is boots & we get $300 a year for that. I have more bags of un open clothes than I know what to do with.

Everything, gloves, 0 gloves, 00 gloves, Gloves&Sleeves, uniforms, wet weather gear, winter jacket, hard hat, eye protection, climbing harness, bucket harness, head lamps, torches, even a bloody bag to put it all in. But no Jocks & Socks. Odd meeting we might even get Lunch.

6. Default tools and gear

The utility I work for will purchase everything a guy needs to do line work. They buy all of our tools and belts. We get twenty pair of FR clothes (Jeans and shirts). Every employee has there own credit card and cell phones. All the journeyman have there own pickups and the apprentices drive the all the big trucks to and from the job sites. All of our PPE are supplied by the company and every five years they will buy us a good pair of winter climbing boots. Looks like from what I have read we are pretty lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    That's pretty cool. When I worked Munis and Utilities, even back in 69...the company bought all our stuff, and Uniforms. Even boots.
    I got a feelin you work for a Muni or Utility. Don't honestly know if Florida Flash and Flicker, or Progress...gives their linemen all that stuff. Probably do though...

Workin for Pike, they supply the FR shirts, cause they Require em. That's bout it. Ya buy your own tools, belt and hooks, boots and workin gloves. Or, bring em with ya like I did.
    Bout all they supply is the "safety" equipment they require ya to wear. Rubber gloves, Keepers, sleeves, FR shirts, booties...etc.
    I do work for a municipality, I was referring to contractors that I worked for years ago that did'nt furnish you much.

I think OSHA says they furnish hand shoes, I always get a couple of pairs every time I clear out form any contractor. Every thing that is furnished is special safety items, FR clothes to hard toed boots. Don't think for one second they are handing all this clothing out from of the goodness of their hearts.

if it was any of your business you would know

Default Osha

The OSHA standard says your employer shall provide PPE specific to the requirements of your assigned tasks.

Some shops still hedge on works gloves... most employers caved in a few years ago.

The average hand injury was costing over $2500 a few years back. Work gloves are ...$2 bucks a pair if you buy a pallet at a time... cheap insurance.

Default OSHA requires

Featured Sponsorr

that the employer provide the belt and hooks. Don't know if you guys knew this or not. Here is an address to a letter from (2009) Richard Fairfax, Director of Enforcement Programs. There are other letters of clarification out there if anyone is interested, but the language in the standards is very clear regarding this.

These tools are considered tools of the trade and specifically PPE for required tasks.

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...ONS&p_id=27020