Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Truck Grounding

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    SO driftboy....
    Still waitin for ya to tell us WHAT the fu$k This is. Seriously. Never seen nothin like that in my life.

What is it? Somethin to do with Phase array Radar or something? Looks like it might "beam up".

I still think it's Photoshop.
    It is a steel pole line with overhead transformers to feed residential costumers underground.

Those are real. I'll have to get some pics from my area of the same type Transformer. They come out of the 70's when Carter was Pres. I'm sure that you remember Rosiland Carter's "Beautify America".........That's where residential underground came to be, get rid of those ugly poles. And this stupid TX. Even most people can't tell what it is, and yes, the service is inside the pole. A real pain to work on. They are SP's, I'll get a pic of the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by barehander View Post
    Those are real. I'll have to get some pics from my area of the same type Transformer. They come out of the 70's when Carter was Pres. I'm sure that you remember Rosiland Carter's "Beautify America".........That's where residential underground came to be, get rid of those ugly poles. And this stupid TX. Even most people can't tell what it is, and yes, the service is inside the pole. A real pain to work on. They are SP's, I'll get a pic of the switch.
    It reminds me of something they tried for a little while back in the 70s around here, they were called pole trans. Someone had the brilliant idea of sticking a transformer inside of a normal looking street light pole along with all of the u.g. cable. 1 side had the switches & the other side had the house services connections. To say the least it was tight. Fortunately never had the privilege of ever actually working on one live, but did take some out of service.

Had the wrong President, it was LBJ's wife, Lady Bird....

Had the wrong President, it was LBJ's wife, Lady Bird....
    Yep! The same one who's wife came up with the "Lady bird" poles! Oh, and angle arms! The pole's hard as a rock cause of the paint and X and Z are too tight to weasel up through to get to Y cause of the shorter arms!

Another fine example of people who don't do the work interfering!

Default Why shoot.

Whin I's wurkin fer Pike we jist set 3 of them suckers in a cluster and made a bank out of em. Right Greg? Gollee!

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    Whin I's wurkin fer Pike we jist set 3 of them suckers in a cluster and made a bank out of em. Right Greg? Gollee!
    Why is it when you are trying to sound stupid and insult someone, you always speak in your brother Pootinangle's language??

Default So Greg kin unnerstan it.

Ah trie to kep mah speling wher Greg kin unnerstan it. At whut point dew you hev to chime in on a thred fur it to count?

Poontangle's vernacular is easy to understand. He is a scholar in my book.

Try to get over your awe of the pole transformer etc. Greg, concentrate on Transmission hands. They are marvelous. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Get on back to the politics forum, you're outta your league in linework.

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post

Try to get over your awe of the pole transformer etc. Greg, concentrate on Transmission hands. They are marvelous. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Get on back to the politics forum, you're outta your league in linework.
    I am glad someone else sees this too!!!
    Last edited by Highplains Drifter; 12-09-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Default For the Candy Man..

Featured Sponsorr

The title of this thread is Trk grding, I posted a photo of a style of construction and asked how you would grd your trk. You had an online orgasm about this style of construction. Each and every day each one of us sees something that is different and that is just part of a normal day of line-work, but to someone like you that had limited exposure to this trade it seems like anything unusual is a big deal. It is not. For example the other day I had to get the IR readings on a 350kVA Pad Mount Txer. It was on the roof of a office complex. Yes the first time I have seen this, but not worth bringing it up here for you to make a spectacle out of an ordinary thing in line work. Maybe Door should have also gave you the option to participate with the Apprentices and Wantabes .
    Last edited by Highplains Drifter; 12-09-2010 at 08:34 PM.