Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    I really hate when I get a phone call between 5 and 6:30 PM, suppertime, and it is someone intent on doing a survey or trying to sell you something.

I hate it even more when the person talking has almost no command of the English language. They mangle English as they plough their way through the so called sales pitch and keep going even though you have already told them you aren’t interested. One of the banks I use is particularly bad for this. When I actually get it across to them that I have no interest in what they are selling even if I could understand them they sound as if it is incredible I wouldn’t be completely smitten by their sales pitch.

I once told one that I would like them to give me their home phone number so I could phone them at home at their suppertime but the humour was completely lost to them. I think she said, “I cannot do that sir, I am reporting your advances to my supervisor”. I quickly hung up.

Uh 2 words...."caller ID"! Even us "you-alls" out in the country have that! Gish!

Do you have "no-call" registry up there? Works well here for telemarketers only! Surveyors can still call ya.

After two calls that went like this:

Caller: "Is there a male voter in the home?"

Me: "Yes."

Caller: "Is he available?"

Me: "Probably not."

Caller: "Are you a voter?"

Me: " Yes, but I'm not interested."

The third call went like this:

Caller: "Is there a male voter in the home"

Me: "Yes, and he isn't available. I am a FEMALE voter, but since you people keep asking for a MALE voter FIRST, I figure you aren't worth my time."

In the US there is a do not call list you can get on through the internet.
    I may be stupid, but at least I'm ugly

Yeah, we have all that. But, I also don't use the ignore button here either.

Umm............it must be because I live in FloriDUH. We rarely have the American to call here. Ours sound like this guy, Apu.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    I’m quite serious about the Deep South accent. If I ask where they are from I get Missesip, Lousiana, Albama or something like that. Quite amazing really.

We only get Apu when we need technical support. That can be fun filled.

Does the deep south accent bother ya CL? Actually, it's few and far between getting the southern accent around here. I don't even consider myself as having one. I guess because it's not all "that" southern. I'd say Pootnaigle has more of an accent than I do.

Featured Sponsorr

I don't know. If you are gone for a few years to any country you might come back with an accent. Actually, I know you will. Had a cousin born here and left at the age of 20 and has spent most of her adult life in Europe. Yep, she has that European accent goin' on.