Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

California wage is $47 and change (double on storm) plus the $50 a day sub from the time they call till they tell you storm is over,adds up to a nice check real fast........

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    I have a copy of Entergy LU 2286...didn't see anything in there.

I can get a copy of 647,750 and 1703. I'll shoot out the request. Thanks.
    Dallas...........

Musta been the pain meds.......all 3 of those locals are the Entergy/Arkansas Locals..........this damn shoulder is killing me.........Anytime Bro....if you want it, I can give ya the 1703 BA's cell number....just holler
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

3. Default

I'm currently going over about 8 different contracts and I'm not finding really finding anything on mutual assistance.

How are ya'll doing it? Is it double time gate to gate? Double time after so many hours? Time and a half?

Is their any language that specifies the company must notify you in advance of what the lodging/living conditions will be like?

If you have any language in your contract...please let me know what local your in.

Thanks!!!!
    We get time and 1/2.
    They notify us in advance thru the ARCOS system. Usually get a message somthing like, "Come to work with your bags packed and be ready to work for XYZ days." We have no idea what our lodging will be like, usually we are forced to room with a co-worker.

If the price isn't right I stay home, why go and bitch about what your getting the whole storm.

Default Mutual Aid

I will give you some language from our contract that we got last time we were at the table. Just got back from Con Ed from storms last friday.

Ok here we go.. Employees who, at the request of the company, are sent outside the existing company franchise area to work on the property of another utility shall receive double time.

An employee will be paid double time from the time the company begins billing the requesting company for the employees services. The double time will cease when the company stops billing the requesting company for the employees services.

That is pretty much it, simple and to the point. We select the guys to go off a scheduled overtime list that takes into account each employees hours of either paid or refused overtime. This way the more hours you get the farther you move down the list. Each shop has its own list and when they ask for mutual aid or any scheduled overtime they start at the top and work their way down. Its about as fair as you can make it.

Hope that helps..

Oh by the way our local is IBEW Local 320 in N.Y.

Thanks Sir!!

I like the language, simple enough for management to understand.

8. Default

Went through your same prediciment a couple of years ago. Give a call to the offices of your surrounding locals or locals that you provide storm assistance to the most. In my expierence they will be happy to help you out, chances are your company will disregard anything else anyway. We wound up getting an agreement similar to our surrounding utilities. Good luck.

I hear ya. I have a copy of every contract in the IBEW 7th district to base on industry standard, from Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and New Mexico.

I did get a copy of the Entergy Arkansas, trbl639 the next day.

After going over 10 or 12 different contracts now, I'm starting to recite language from another local thinking it's in my own local.

Your missing out on the fun linehand!!!

Featured Sponsorr

I hear ya. I have a copy of every contract in the IBEW 7th district to base on industry standard, from Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and New Mexico.

I did get a copy of the Entergy Arkansas, trbl639 the next day.

After going over 10 or 12 different contracts now, I'm starting to recite language from another local thinking it's in my own local.

Your missing out on the fun linehand!!!
    Overloading the old noggin huh Dallas!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often