Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Storm Policies (Mutual Assistance)

Featured Sponsor

I'm currently going over about 8 different contracts and I'm not finding really finding anything on mutual assistance.

How are ya'll doing it? Is it double time gate to gate? Double time after so many hours? Time and a half?

Is their any language that specifies the company must notify you in advance of what the lodging/living conditions will be like?

If you have any language in your contract...please let me know what local your in.

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by rcdallas; 09-11-2010 at 04:00 PM.

We get paid as if we were working our normal job.
    Straight time, overtime, etc.
    Lodging and meals are provided either we charge them to our utility and they take care of billing, or the utility we are helping has allready got it taken care of at the lodging places.

Works well, and nope we don't have a contract.

Double time gate to gate,,plus sub. All expense's paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Electriceel View Post
    We get paid as if we were working our normal job.
    Straight time, overtime, etc.
    Lodging and meals are provided either we charge them to our utility and they take care of billing, or the utility we are helping has allready got it taken care of at the lodging places.

Works well, and nope we don't have a contract.
    Was like that when I retired...afterwards, think they got it changed to OT on all hours worked, if they were going outside to another utilities property....normal hours if still on company property.........

See if you can get a copy of Local 647, 750, or 1703 contract or PM and I'll give you a number of someone to call that might help ya........
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

If its a foriegn Utility its double-time gate to gate. Inside our territory normal overtime rules apply. Our hourly rate is so high it seams like we're never asked to assist in mutual aid anymore.

Time and 1/2 for all hours worked, as far as lodging it's usually taken care of by the company that we have been sent to help, if not we use a company credit card and rent rooms if any are available, you have to keep in mind that a lot of natural disasters are bad enough that there is not much lodging available and you have to rough it for a few days until you get power on to some of the hotels and restaurants, it helps the young guys realize that they did'nt come on a girl scout trip.
    Last edited by Lineman North Florida; 09-11-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling

7. Default

back home time and a half , meals and hotel if available.
    where i'm currently working double bubble and same for meals and rooms
    Buy american made & when possible buy union made

Quote Originally Posted by Trbl639 View Post
    Was like that when I retired...afterwards, think they got it changed to OT on all hours worked, if they were going outside to another utilities property....normal hours if still on company property.........

See if you can get a copy of Local 647, 750, or 1703 contract or PM and I'll give you a number of someone to call that might help ya........
    I have a copy of Entergy LU 2286...didn't see anything in there.

I can get a copy of 647,750 and 1703. I'll shoot out the request. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    If its a foriegn Utility its double-time gate to gate. Inside our territory normal overtime rules apply. Our hourly rate is so high it seams like we're never asked to assist in mutual aid anymore.
    What local? I met a guy at a rodeo a few months back from Centerpoint and I could of swore he said they got double time gate to gate...after looking at the contract I didn't find any hard core language, just something about notice of shift change without 7 days notice the first day will be double time THEN it will go back to normal rate.

Default Thanks to all contributing

Featured Sponsorr

I really need your local number so I can get a copy of the contract...and to make it easier, if you could send the article and section (if not page) as well so I can easily find it. Right now my place is scattered with contracts everywhere.

Prepping for negotiations is not easy!!!!