Default Headed to Bethesda

Featured Sponsor

Going to the National Health Institute in Bethesda for a week and was wonderin if anyone had any advice on what to do or stay away from when we're OUT there? We'll be there Sun night until Sat mornin and will have time between doctor visits to do some sight seein.

Except for the obvious "attractions" In D.C. I was wonderin if there's a "must see" that we should visit or somethin we should stay away from? Does anyone know if there's a guided tour that's worth payin for?

Stuff like that!
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Well if you are going now I pity you in the worst way. Guess why the 13 states gave the District to the government. It is basically a swamp, High temperatures and High Humidity. If you go to Arlington for the Changing of the Guard Parking is about $15.00 but you can leave you vehicle ant any motel and take the metro.

I rode in Last Aug on the cycle, which is dangerous in its self. Those streets will throw you down. I have been there about six times and can recommend All the monuments and Smithsonian Flight Museum. But the Wall all the War monuments and Arlington. I recommend the bus tour inside Arlington, because of the heat and all up going and 50% uphill coming back with very little places for a drink.
    I negotiated rooms though motel 6 Going outside the downtown ring and Started at $169 a night down to $58.00 a night All those price lines are bullshit deal with the chain on the computer and look at the savings.
    You can go to National IBEW, but don't expect open arms, But do go to the AFL-CIO and check out the two broken nosed goons that belong to the International Office Workers Union Talk to them and visit the Gift Shop These guys are a riot and if they were older, you could imagine how many bodies the buried in New England Jets Stadium

But do the advance home work and save a bundle Check out the Links below.
    http://www.wmata.com/

http://www.dctours.us/?gclid=CO-gw5XeyKMCFc3s7QodlDVDvQ

http://www.motel6.com/default.aspx
    We're stayin at the hospital's inn for free!

The 2 goons sound like a good time! Probably with my mouth I'd be the most recent excavatin project at the stadium! Definitely "The Wall" though as my Dad has buds named on it I'm sure and I like teachin my Daughter about those who sacrificed!!

I guess I'm more worried about tryin to drive anywhere and I don't wanna get taken by some phony tour guide or somethin especially with 2 kids and one in a wheel chair!

My Dad was a fire fighter there after the war but they left when I was 7 months and he's down in Texas helpin out my bro with his ranch so i can't bother him!

Thanks for the info!

I have only been to Washington once, and that was enough.....just be careful.......there are some scary people in that city, and contrary to Swamp's beliefs, they are not the president and family. Of course that is just a country girl's opinion, but I'd take NYC anyday over Washington, or Philly for that matter, two cities I dont like.

Good luck......hope everything is ok!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Mike, I know this isn't an all pleasure trip and if it is for your son I have sent he and yourself a couple minutes of silence. I have never been to D.C. but one of the first things I would want to experience is LAUS DEO. At least you would be bring your family more into your world the higher you got. Good Luck on your mission there and keep us informed of what your seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Mike, I know this isn't an all pleasure trip and if it is for your son I have sent he and yourself a couple minutes of silence. I have never been to D.C. but one of the first things I would want to experience is LAUS DEO. At least you would be bring your family more into your world the higher you got. Good Luck on your mission there and keep us informed of what your seeing.
    Thanks HD! Much appreciated and that's a pretty cool site! I looked around a bit! Will do more lookin in DC for sure!

Hope all goes well for ya MI!!

Never been there.......passed through Baltimore one might flying into Raleigh/Durham......The Washington Monument sure was pretty at night from the plane!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    If it's OK with you on Sunday at Mass I will say a prayer for your son.
    OF COURSE!!! JUST DON'T FORGET THE DOCTORS TOO MAYBE?

Quote Originally Posted by Trbl639 View Post
    Hope all goes well for ya MI!!

Never been there.......passed through Baltimore one might flying into Raleigh/Durham......The Washington Monument sure was pretty at night from the plane!!
    Yeah I've gotten more info than I expected so I hope we can see all these things but I can't forget the MAIN reason we're goin too! Usually on big trips like this though we take the Daughter and try n show her some new things.

Thanks People!!!

Featured Sponsorr

Mr. MI-Lineman,

Let me know if I can help you in anyway while your here in the D.C. area. My middle son was born with a birth defect that required surgery at only a few months old so I know how traumatic these times can be; not only for the child but for you and your wife as well.

I go on call this weekend coming, however if you need anything please feel free to PM me or I could perhaps pass on my cell #.

work safely,

LAMartin
    Journeyman CVEC
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar