Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default callout by foreman

Featured Sponsor

Think this is fair, I know a man just got his jl ticket outta albat. Next week will be a foreman in cali. I love my union.

Not in my book! He spent the first week or so on his knees???
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

I hate to hear crap like that. A brand new journeyman has no business being a foreman. I can see a upgrade once in awhile when someone's on vacation. It takes years to develope a good foreman. Seams to me most journeymen are gonna resent this guy being a foreman with so little time in the trade. sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Portability? I didn't think you could be called out as a foreman in CA unless you had worked 2000hrs in the jurisdiction.

5. Default

koca
    Last time i was there you did.I told him this but he has the idea he is.Hate to see him wasted a trip out there but he will learn.

6. Default

Yea its way too short in the game to be a foreman. Most experienced Journeymen wont respect him until he proves himself. I've seen less experienced Journeymen get foremen jobs before believe it or not.

I've seen B-class Linemen (as pike calls them) get jobs as foremen before running 7-man line crews. Talk about dangerous!

GREAT...!!!! Just what we really need! Another diaper lineman that just topped out thinking that he has some sense of entitlement to become a foreman immediately! WTF!!!! This guy needs an ass chewing!!!

He just topped out and does'nt even have a clue on how the referel system works, and does'nt even have any knowledge of the specs, G.O. 95, or the red book!!!

I bet he makes GF before the end of summer.....

As far as I am concerned and new lineman who even thinks about being a foreman, probably wasn't much of a lineman to start. Easiest place to hide your innept ability to actually do the work is to hopefully hide in a truck. I dont believe out of 47 you have to have 2,000 hours if your called out as a foreman, just have to ride the books for three days. He better hope he gets a strong lineman to carry him. But anymore as long as he doesn't have a backbone the company will still find a spot for him

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by highliner500 View Post
    Think this is fair, I know a man just got his jl ticket outta albat. Next week will be a foreman in cali. I love my union.
    FAIR Is not the question. Is this right, would be better? Not no, but HELL NO. In my book you should have five years as a JL before you take a crew. Being upgraded a day or two while the foreman is gone is one thing, taking a crew that green, not good. They say the smartest guy on the crew 7th step ape, dumbest 1st year JL.

As for the call out as a foreman, its a game played, most locals will not let a book II be called out as a foreman. All locals are different. No different than calling someone out on a special skills call a day after they sign the books. Funny how that works. Is it right? Must be, we the union members let it happen.

When work is good nobody cares, when work is slow we hear about it. Just like book III (white tickets) hands working when the books are loaded with book I and II hands. Maybe the IO will give us a ruling just like they did with portability and storm work.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Have bag will travel View Post
    FAIR Is not the question. Is this right, would be better? Not no, but HELL NO. In my book you should have five years as a JL before you take a crew. Being upgraded a day or two while the foreman is gone is one thing, taking a crew that green, not good. They say the smartest guy on the crew 7th step ape, dumbest 1st year JL.

As for the call out as a foreman, its a game played, most locals will not let a book II be called out as a foreman. All locals are different. No different than calling someone out on a special skills call a day after they sign the books. Funny how that works. Is it right? Must be, we the union members let it happen.

When work is good nobody cares, when work is slow we hear about it. Just like book III (white tickets) hands working when the books are loaded with book I and II hands. Maybe the IO will give us a ruling just like they did with portability and storm work.
    The contractors wanted this "so they could call people off the book who they knew were qualified to run there work". However more often than not it is used by G.Fs., Supert., etc. to get a realitive, drinking buddy, etc. out to work (ahead of others).