Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    YOU HAVE YOUR NON-UNION RANTING ABOUT HOW THE IBEW COVERS UP AND CARRIES WORTHLESS LINEMEN.

WELL THE UNION COMPANIES ARE UNION BECAUSE OF THE TRAINING AND SKILL THEY CAN'T GET FROM HIRING UNTRAINED AND UNSKILLED LINEMAN.
    THAT IS WHY OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS SOME OF THESE NON-UNION COMPANIES WENT UNION, AND IN MOST CASES CULLED THE HOPELESSLY BAD OUT OF THE COMPANY.

IBEW CODE OF EXCELLENCE
    The Code of Excellence is a program designed to bring out the best in our construction members and demonstrate to our customers
    that IBEW members:
    Exercise safe and productive work practices
    Perform the highest quality and quantity of work
    Utilize their skills and abilities to the maximum
    The Code of Excellence training is to convey a strong message that IBEW construction members will:
    Arrive to work on time, ready and willing to work.
    Follow appropriate employer and customer work rules.
    Promote an alcohol and drug free workplace.
    Work in a safe and healthy manner.
    Give 8 hours work for 8 hours pay and ensure supervision has been notified when we need to leave the jobsite.
    Respect management directives that are safe, reasonable and legitimate.
    Respect the customer’s rights and property.
    Respect the rights of our coworkers.
    Utilize the skills and abilities we have learned to gain a competitive advantage.
    Take care of the employer’s tools and equipment as if they were our own.
    Refuse to condone any act of property destruction, including graffiti.
    Start work on time, work until the appropriate quitting time and limit break periods to the time allowed.
    Use the proper tool for the job while maintaining personal responsibility for our tools.
    Only sell merchandise or collect funds as authorized by the Business Manager of the Local Union.
    Perform personal business, including cell phone use, during authorized break periods only.
    Never participate in job slowdowns, disruptions or activities designed to extend the job or create overtime.
    Always strive to conduct ourselves in a way that promotes a positive image of the IBEW.
    NECA DECLARATION OF GUIDING PRINCIPLES
    FOR PARTNERSHIP AND CODE OF EXCELLENCE
    WITH IBEW
    Members of NECA declare and proclaim the activities of partnering and Code of
    Excellence with IBEW are intended to result in well paying jobs to satisfy the
    economic needs of families including food, housing, health care, education,
    recreation and economic security in retirement. The purpose of partnering
    is also to fulfill emotional and physical needs through skilled productive
    work, respect, dignity and inclusion on challenging yet safe projects.
    Partnering will also allow labor and management to share new
    experiences with proper recognition and appreciation to all
    who participate.
    As with Stewards, IBEW members employed in management/supervision must have knowledge of the Code of Excellence program
    principles, its relationship to IBEW organizing and overall membership responsibilities to the Brotherhood. Yet, more importantly,
    members in these roles need to know how effectively managing their jobs will be a corresponding obligation to the Code of
    Excellence program. IBEW rank and file members honoring the Code of Excellence program will rightfully have similar
    expectations of Brothers and Sisters in management/supervision, with these being in the areas of:
    Management responsibilities to the collective bargaining agreement.
    Total acceptance of supervisory positions and related responsibilities.
    Communication and cooperation with the job Steward.
    Employee encouragement but, if necessary, fair and consistent discipline.
    Job safety, health and sanitation needs or requirements.
    Ample job layout/directions to minimize down time and maximize employee productivity.
    Availability and timely delivery of necessary materials.
    Proper number and type of tools and equipment to ensure job progress.
    Maintenance and upkeep of tools and equipment.
    Storage and protection of employer and employee tools and equipment.
    Employ adequate number of employees to perform efficiently or, conversely,
    limit number of employees to the work at hand.
    That about says it all, doesn't it.

Default proud to be union

i'm very proud to be an IBEW member, for almost 15 years. but that's the biggest load of political propaganda crap i've heard in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    WHAT "Non Union" Companys "went union"...."over the last 10 years."?

Fu$kin BULLSHIT. LIST em batfu$k.

Or...are you just Bullshit...which is what you are.

PIKE, just moved...BIGTIME...West of theMississippi...

You and pike are turds that should have been flushed along time ago
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Default My problem

My problem is you can't fix the quality of people, and the work they do, by writing down how good they are. not only do I feel the quality of training new linemen has suffered. but, everytime a new company gets organized, thier problems come with them. I do not mean all non union hands are bad. they would not be in business if they were. the IBEW code of excellence SOUNDS great. before they came up with it, ti was how i was trained, and taught to work long ago. you have to ask yourself, what happened to make Ed Hill feel he had to write it down?

5. Default struck a nerve

Why do we continue to reply to the lost cause that is this swamp rat person? His posts are entertaining with very colorful graphics, but I don’t think they can be taken seriously.

6. Default

Non-union workers are not the only young guys to get killed or hurt in the field. I remember having a big safety stand down because a southern company lineman boomed up into primary while holding secondary triplex in his hand. It blew a hole in his back and hand, now what does that say about the union?

Quote Originally Posted by bumpah View Post
    i'm very proud to be an IBEW member, for almost 15 years. but that's the biggest load of political propaganda crap i've heard in a long time.
    Go back and read the Code of Excellence again, then tell us which line(s) you disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Line_Man. View Post
    Non-union workers are not the only young guys to get killed or hurt in the field. I remember having a big safety stand down because a southern company lineman boomed up into primary while holding secondary triplex in his hand. It blew a hole in his back and hand, now what does that say about the union?
    What does that have to do with the union people get hurt on both side of the fence but pike alone has more accidents then any union companys...that accident there sounds like some folks had there head up there a&$es
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Default I don't disagree

Quote Originally Posted by tolex42 View Post
    Go back and read the Code of Excellence again, then tell us which line(s) you disagree with.
    I never said I disagree with it. in my second post I said it SOUNDS great. what i said was it is a bunch of crap. I could probably count the people who work and live by it on one hand. just because we can say we have a code of excelence, doesn't make anybody worth a shit. maybe you should read my posts more carefully. then honestly ask yourself if you live and work by the code. NOT JUST MOST OF IT.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

What i was trying to relay is accidents are not picky union or non-union. Yall always down the non-union contractors for all the accidents they have but never say anything about the union what-so-ever. All im trying to convay is that we are all men doing the same line of work and no matter what we should be our brother's keeper. Now I do work for Pike and yes I dont agree with a lot that this company has done as far as their safety record. But keep in mind they are the largest contractor now by far under one name (for those who want to say quanta is bigger) and they just have the jobs lineman need. They just got too big too quick and put on a lot of guys that had no business in the air or running crews. I agree with ya 100% that pike should slow down and get some qualified help where they need it and fire all the numb nuts they have working for them, but not all of their employees are idiots I got the pleasure of working around guys that had been doing it for over 20 years and one foreman with over 40! Now you want to talk about safety? These guys knew what they were doing and enforced it and I am so happy today because of it. Just wanted to remind everyone that a lineman is a lineman and all families hurt when one of our brothers fall on the job. Lets just lay down the trash talk and remember be your brother's keeper no matter what side he is on