Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is this ratty or what

Featured Sponsor

Have a buddy that works for H&M (horrable managment) and is running a crew and the otherday they were sent out to be the qualfed observers for a clean up crew that had to clean some asbestos in a hot vault when they got out there the asbestos was on the lead splices and the cable was HOT there was oil in the hole so the splices were probally leaking and the racks that the cable were on were falling out of the wall with 3 different circuits on them...The Forman called the gf and told him this should be done deenergized and the gf told him do what your told and get it done...the clean up crews was non electrical workers and new nothing about energized cable...The Forman said I will not be responsable for those guys if something happens it his ASS the company said it's not his responsablity and if something happened he would not get in trouble... It California land of the lawyers if something happen he would be going to jail and now they want to fire the crew for refusing to do the job...they have a young gf that has been a lineman for about 10 minutes and is on a power trip it sounds like bunch of bullsh/t if you ask me... Just wondering what you guys think is this common anywhere else...oh ya the clean up crew were non union to...
    Last edited by west coast hand; 06-03-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Default So ?????

Whats the primary voltage on the splices ? How many OSHA rules is this GF wanting them to break ? Sounds like I would need to talk to some one over this idiots head.

Koga

wow those poor bastards would have zero chance of surviving a vault explosion.

The voltage was 12kv and the only reason I said California was because everyone sues everybody out here...everybody lookin for the free dollar. And yes h&m is henkles

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Of course in an investigation the GF will lie through his teeth and say he was never informed of the problem.
    I @$$ume H & R equals Henkels & McCoy?

You got that right!!!

I had my Foreman (who was an idiot anyways go figure) write me up for not having on steel toed boots (I ALWAYS wore my 16" Red Wings) but yet nobody else on the crew had them on either when asked. The reason I was the only one wrote up? One of their "linemen" dumped a 50 class 2 on my leg destroying alot of stuff in my foot. They figured since I got hurt I HAD TO BE WROTE UP FOR SOMETHING. I listened to the phone call from the Foreman to the GF because he had that Bluetooth in his truck and the GF said "well write him up" when he was told I was hurt and had to go to the ER and came out with a cast on my foot. He asked if the rest of the crew if they had on steel toes and all of them said no, so the GF said "well just give them a warning".

The safety book CLEARLY read steel toes were preferred but NOT mandatory. About 6 months later the new safety book said "STEEL TOES REQUIRED".

So you're right Steve, these p.o.s. GF's will DO ANYTHING to save their jobs and keep "costs down" all in the name of the company.

I really sad to see a guy in his early 30's sell out to a company for the money. like I say titles come and go journeyman forever he's to young to think he is going to be a gf forever...

That ain't right WChand!! Hell just go ahead and call OSHA....that would get somebodies attention....and they could go home alive!!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    I really sad to see a guy in his early 30's sell out to a company for the money. like I say titles come and go journeyman forever he's to young to think he is going to be a gf forever...
    Thats whats wrong with most of the American kids these days. They expect to top out and be GF's within 90 days or they quit and go elsewhee.

West, who's the GF???

Featured Sponsorr

This is the way we would handle it http://www.worksmartontario.gov.on.c...entID=2-4-3#H4