Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: bucksqeeze

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Trbl639 View Post
    Free climbed for damn near 38 years before we were forced into the bucksqueeze......I hate it, but to keep a paycheck I had to use it...am retired now, and if forced again, I would take the Jelco pole choker over the BS.........Face guys, as much as we hate it...before long, it'll be Mandatory everywhere, and then any dumb shit trained monkey can do the job..........instead of the special Breed that we used to be!!!!!!!
    And when I drag the out fit I'm working for, I'm gonna be FORCED to throw that thing into the dumpster as I walk out the gate!

BOYCOTT BUCKINGHAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BookII View Post
    And when I drag the out fit I'm working for, I'm gonna be FORCED to throw that thing into the dumpster as I walk out the gate!

BOYCOTT BUCKINGHAM!!!
    I hear ya Book II !! I didn't shit can mine, might sell it to some young puke who'll have to use it Like I said earlier, got my hands on a Jelco Pole choker this past week, gonna use it, if I go back to work, cause if I do, I gotta buy a new skid anyway.....was grandfathered in when we had to got to the locking snaps on a regular skid, and mine doesn't have em.....with the Jelco, I can use it like a regular skid, cause it's got the locking snaps and can be used like a regular skid where the Squeeze can't

As much as I hate to say it........eventually everybody will have to use the fall restraint stuff........hell where I worked, the Transmission and substa hands have to use a sheppard's hook and retractable lanyard when they are on the steel, if they are 4ft off the ground..........it's coming, we might as well face it, not saying we like it though!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Default New things are hard to accept

Coming from someone who has been around for a long time, I can attest to the fact that linemen have had issues with new things before, mandatory wearing of hard hats, rubber sleeves, useing a safety strap while erecting steel, CDLs, Fr clothing, fall protective harness', etc.

Linemen will bitch about it, but in a few years everyone will be useing the bucksqueeze, or something like it.

Climbing poles will become obsolete eventually. When I started out you always left a "climbing side" open on a pole. Now many utilities have engineered their standards so that no climbing side is open, therefore you have no choice but to work the pole out of a bucket.
    Last edited by tolex42; 04-29-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Take your best shot Book 2ster.

It will BE... at your Next job man.

...sooner than later. It's just the "New Linework" man. Suck it up...or get out of the business.

I got out of the business.

Pissed me off too. I had another 5-7 good years in the trade. I will always say...."I was SAFETYED, out of the trade".

"Out with the Old"...."In with the new"....that will accept things like the bullshit Fu$ksqueeze. "Progress" man....."Change". For the "better", of course.

SAFETYED OUT doesn't pike let you do whatever you want??? Like work different phases at the sametime???
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    SAFETYED OUT doesn't pike let you do whatever you want??? Like work different phases at the sametime???
    They will let you work all 3 if its gonna make the job faster.. lol