Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Trbl639 View Post
    Kinda off topic.....just got back last night late from 2 weeks in the Denver/Estes Park/Rocky Mtn National Park/Grand Lake/Canon City/Royal Gorge area, and this damn heat is killing me...just unloading the car.......think I might have a touch of Low Altitude Sickness too.........

Hell, a few times I thought I was gonna freeze.....going fishing one morning, going thru Vail on I-70, it was 35* and a frost and I had on shorts and a tshirt...something wrong with that picture

DAMN TOURISTS!!!

2. Default

Kinda off topic.....just got back last night late from 2 weeks in the Denver/Estes Park/Rocky Mtn National Park/Grand Lake/Canon City/Royal Gorge area, and this damn heat is killing me...just unloading the car.......think I might have a touch of Low Altitude Sickness too.........

Hell, a few times I thought I was gonna freeze.....going fishing one morning, going thru Vail on I-70, it was 35* and a frost and I had on shorts and a tshirt...something wrong with that picture
    Lived in colorado in the late 80's.... Man I loved it up there. Your right about the mornings...GREAT....
    Is the little train still at the royal gorge? Man it has been a long time ago...Thanks for reminding me? Why didn't I stay?... Just dumb I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper63 View Post
    Lived in colorado in the late 80's.... Man I loved it up there. Your right about the mornings...GREAT....
    Is the little train still at the royal gorge? Man it has been a long time ago...Thanks for reminding me? Why didn't I stay?... Just dumb I guess.
    Yeah...they got the big tourist train that runs thru the Gorge and the incline that goes down at a 45 angle..was going to ride the Incline, but the line was too damn long and we had to beat feet back to Arkansas.....I'm going back
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Yeah...they got the big tourist train that runs thru the Gorge and the incline that goes down at a 45 angle..was going to ride the Incline, but the line was too damn long and we had to beat feet back to Arkansas.....I'm going back
    Hey is that little train the one I saw on the public channel once that people come to for the ride? I can't remember much about it but the scenery was pretty cool! i tried tellin the wife about it but I didn't catch where it was at. I know that's not much info but I'd like to find out and maybe visit?

5. Default colorado trip

It's probably way bigger than it was 20 odd years ago. we were also in Granby (South of Grand Lake) for 2-3 months. Building a double circuit to the Winter Park ski resort. Lived in an old camper that summer(the 4 of us). Made many trips through the rocky mountain national park. never did get tired of that drive! At that time a yearly pass was 25 bucks.....3 dollars a day. Yep I am that old....lol

Here' the train pics.........I think the the Incline would be more fun to ride.........

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper63 View Post
    It's probably way bigger than it was 20 odd years ago. we were also in Granby (South of Grand Lake) for 2-3 months. Building a double circuit to the Winter Park ski resort. Lived in an old camper that summer(the 4 of us). Made many trips through the rocky mountain national park. never did get tired of that drive! At that time a yearly pass was 25 bucks.....3 dollars a day. Yep I am that old....lol
    We ate at a little bar/grill, Sagebrush in Grand lake......good food, the Rocky Mtn Oysters were great and it's pretty country..........didn't see the ski resort there at Winter Park, it got dark on us....

Here' the train pics.........I think the the Incline would be more fun to ride.........
    Yeah I thought the one I saw was an old "steamer"? HUH?

Don't think it was a steamer........the one in the gorge (top picture) looked to be diesel/electric....didn't get to look at the Incline (bottom pic), but think it is a winch system.....the line there was way too long..

There was an old Steam Loco and coal car for it on display at the entrance parking lot, but it was roped off and you couldn't get close or get on it......

Featured Sponsorr

Don't think it was a steamer........the one in the gorge (top picture) looked to be diesel/electric....didn't get to look at the Incline (bottom pic), but think it is a winch system.....the line there was way too long..

There was an old Steam Loco and coal car for it on display at the entrance parking lot, but it was roped off and you couldn't get close or get on it......
    Oh well! I've done messed up this thread enough! Sorry! Just sounded like what I saw but it wasn't! This was for sure a steamer ride and I think it was 2 hours or so and it took ya through some breath takin scenery! I think it was an old mine line or somethin?

Thanks for the info! My 7 yr old has a undiagnosed disorder and he doesn't get to do much but he sure loves trains!! Thought I could take him there one day? I'll find it on the web somewhere!