Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default Servicemen, and others driving dot trucks home.

Featured Sponsor

When does your time start? At a set time? When you are in your area? At the dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper63 View Post
    When does your time start? At a set time? When you are in your area? At the dock?
    When I was working, my star time was 0730, and I usually left the house about 0630/0645, hit the donut/coffee shop on my way in, and got to the yard about 0715, time started at 0730, unless the dispatcher called me a trouble call before I got to the yard, and my time started then..........if I got called on the way home, (quitting time was 1700) time stopped when I got home!!

If I was off and on call, and got a call, time started when I got the call and stopped when I turned the key off, when I got back home..........

Right after I retired, they activated the GPS on the trucks, so it might be different now, but because of a budget crunch......Tmen can only take the truck home when they are on call........so I'll bet some of them 2 hr minimum call-outs now, might be 3 hr call-outs!!!

3. Default

Thanks for the input. On call out: time starts when leaving in the truck. During the regular work day, in their area by start time.

4. Default time

I have been working at pso for a few years.Time started at first when you got the call. Now its when you start going to the job or if you are a lineman its when you get to the dock.

You all just need to man up and park every damn truck at the dock.

6. Default thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lnhnd13 View Post
    You all just need to man up and park every damn truck at the dock.
    we are not having any trouble with this.. just was trying to get people talking...... If you look back at the start of this you will understand. Its not about bashing or official U9 business, just wanted to get to know other lineman and what the practices are.....I guess I haven't been to successful at it though...lol

We take 1st or 2nd responder for on-call and take trucks home. Time starts whether I'm on-call or just a regular ot call out when I answer the phone! No matter if I have a truck or not! We have GPS also. Times stops when I'm done doin my time on the computer and I've done my post trip and squared away the truck!

8. Default

that is common, but we have in our contract: when leaving in the truck for the first responders and when you bump the dock for the rest of us.. thanks again... I bet it's cooler in MI than it is here. Sure wish my family started a little farther north than OK...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper63 View Post
    that is common, but we have in our contract: when leaving in the truck for the first responders and when you bump the dock for the rest of us.. thanks again... I bet it's cooler in MI than it is here. Sure wish my family started a little farther north than OK...lol
    Yeah probably is cooler but it's too hot for this "Yank!" Can't wait for snow and tryin out my new sled!!! OOPS!!! DID I SAY SNOW? YUP! SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!! MAN THAT SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT NOW!!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by MI-Lineman View Post
    Yeah probably is cooler but it's too hot for this "Yank!" Can't wait for snow and tryin out my new sled!!! OOPS!!! DID I SAY SNOW? YUP! SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!! MAN THAT SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT NOW!!
    Kinda off topic.....just got back last night late from 2 weeks in the Denver/Estes Park/Rocky Mtn National Park/Grand Lake/Canon City/Royal Gorge area, and this damn heat is killing me...just unloading the car.......think I might have a touch of Low Altitude Sickness too.........

Hell, a few times I thought I was gonna freeze.....going fishing one morning, going thru Vail on I-70, it was 35* and a frost and I had on shorts and a tshirt...something wrong with that picture
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often