Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

looks like I won't to far off on my prediction.... damned shame glad I'm done with it.... I spent my time bitching about how they and CWRat and shithouse now mastec shouldn't be doing IBEW work right to work states suck it.... damned shame union utlities have rats contractors...

sadder still...

ain't quite a week and I'm going stir crazy...

for what its work...

Edge

worth... fugggg still stringin lines...

Default Pike

Quote Originally Posted by Linemanblood View Post
    Another Pike employee involved in pole setting accident on VA/Dominion Power. Pole made contact with uncovered phase while setting in three phase . Employee was took to hospital for treatment and will recover
    My understanding is gloves and sleeves where in place ,there was cover up but cover up on conductors may have been slacking. When pole grabs on digger derrick closed the pole started to get away and the big guy bear hugged the pole to get control but pole got into conductor anyhow.
    Dominion has policy that all poles set in primary have to have a pole ground on butt also. Question at this point was the pole ground on the pole. Pike is supposed to adhere to Dominion policies but they get around it at times when Doimion people are not there
    Linemanblood

I wonder if he had on the great cover shoes Pike loves to make anyone on the ground wear. Like what was said earlier, Pike will clean this up with OSHA. I had OSHA tell me they were not in the business of hurting companies money wise, only to point out their mistakes. That really hurts!

You can't hardly blame anyone but the guy that bear hugged the pole. I mean come on, that's just not using your head, stupid. Unless he was protecting another hand from getting taken out, then I would consider it heroic nun the less... stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Heh, heh, heh...
    Not really.

As with any "contractor"...keep good "birddogs" around.
    And, throw em off property when they Fu$k up twice. That works pretty good down here.

A "Right to work" state, is really shit for union. I know...You'd rather have EVERY State "Mandated" they MUST have union. In a "perfect" world, right?

Yeah, well, dream in one hand and shit in the other and see which one comes true first.
    NO DUMB ASS! IN A PERFECT WORLD WE WOULDN'T NEED UNIONS CAUSE WE WOULDN'T HAVE YOUR GREEDY CAPITALIST EXECS F$CKIN EVERYONE OVER!!!!

LEAVE IT TO THIS DUMB ASS TO THINK A BIRD DOG WHO USUALLY NEVER HAD LINE EXPERIENCE COULD POLICE A LINE CREW??

Quote Originally Posted by heelwinch View Post
    You can't hardly blame anyone but the guy that bear hugged the pole. I mean come on, that's just not using your head, stupid. Unless he was protecting another hand from getting taken out, then I would consider it heroic nun the less... stupid.
    It might have just been a "gut" reaction if you'll excuse the pun. I'm sure OSHA can come up with some kneejerk safety system to allow for this, like rubber t-shirts or something.

If he was fairly big and hugged the pole firmly then whatever current flowed would have probably gone mid to lower chest to ground through his legs. Hard to guess what sort of current would have flowed, but it sounds like he got off with it. It would be interesting to see what path the current did take.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    It might have just been a "gut" reaction if you'll excuse the pun. I'm sure OSHA can come up with some kneejerk safety system to allow for this, like rubber t-shirts or something.

If he was fairly big and hugged the pole firmly then whatever current flowed would have probably gone mid to lower chest to ground through his legs. Hard to guess what sort of current would have flowed, but it sounds like he got off with it. It would be interesting to see what path the current did take.
    I realize it was most likely a reaction. What would your reaction be to someone taking an unexpected swing at your head?
    Mine would be to duck, not close my eyes.
    You really have to have some wits about you to work in this industry. It's just like sticking the boom of your digger into a phase then jumping off the truck... wrong move.

Would of taken five minutes to rubber up amd slip some pole gaurds .

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    Would of taken five minutes to rubber up amd slip some pole gaurds .
    Read the previous posts. It's allready been stated that he was.