Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Pike Constructuion

Featured Sponsor

Another Pike employee involved in pole setting accident on VA/Dominion Power. Pole made contact with uncovered phase while setting in three phase . Employee was took to hospital for treatment and will recover
    Linemanblood

Guess they don't know what cover-up and gloves/sleeves are for..............

Any one that handles the butt of a pole without gloves deserves what they got.
    Can't say I've ever handled a butt with sleeves on though.

I also find it hard to believe that there weren't a pair of gloves on the truck. Course we will probably never know just what happened.

hope he's allright.

We have to wear f$ckin sleeves to set poles! Course we have to wear them when pullin p-line too???? Not to mention we have to barricade our spider rope reels when they're pulled out too??

Gish I could go on and on?

Better than endin up like that guy! Hope he recovers!!!!!

Never had to use sleeves but always hadda use gloves when settin a pole in a hot line.I kaint imagine somebody doin it without the bare ass necessities of gloves. He is betting his life on the equipment and the operator. very foolish ,however I hope this guy is Ok and I also hope his experience teaches him and others to work safely. Oh n maybe they will also lurn not to waller all over the pole with their bodies while they grasp it with rubbers on their hands.
    If there were no gloves available a couple of short( clean) rope slings tied round the butt and controlled by 2 men would probably have saved this guy a trip to the hospital.

I thought they now had an 100% glove and sleeve policy(even when framing poles)? Maby I am wrong. I hope he is ok and didn't loose anything. Heelwinch I hope we will find out more about this so others will maby learn from it.

Default lookin back

Correct me if i'm wrong but I also thought I read that pike had policy that their groundmen had to wear rubber gloves at all times too. Wasn't this to take liability off management?????
    Last edited by LEAFMAN; 04-07-2010 at 09:03 PM.

8. Cool question

When setting a pole around "hot" lines shouldn't you not only wear rubber gloves and sleeves but also use cant hooks to provide added distance from your body and the pole?

Thumbs down Pike

How many have to get hurt before OSHA steps in and shuts them down.You guys that work at the utilitys that give pike work you should raise hell try to get them ran off...if utilitys quit giving them contract they would go away.the way the economy is going utilitys really watching what they spend but you get what you pay for if you take the lowest bidder you get a bunch of swamprats....
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Featured Sponsorr

Ya all remember my rant awhile back about Pike Electric. Aparantly I wasted my time. seams like there's an epidemic of stupid senceless accidents all over the place, we just seam to hear about Pike more than the others. I bet Pike dosen't even get fined over this one. They've bought and paid for OSHA many times over.