Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steward Talk

Talking Steward Talk

Featured Sponsor

Thought that this may help those local Stewards discuss such things as grievances and local issues and to help each other with advice and insight. could also be a quick post to let others know what to grieve when we have a issue..........
    Ok lineman

Here's one I started digging my nails into... the recognition clause...

http://www.ibew433.org/index.php?opt...d=95&Itemid=53

3. Default

How many times have we all heard "managements rights". Very good information. Something that just happened.. May be the way it is but.... here goes. On major stom restoration... do you get the rest period while still away from home? Then drive back to your dock,stop overtime and finish the day on regular time?

On ours they like to stop us at 16 hours so we get 8 hour rest, anything past 16 hours is automatic double OR if we don't get 8 hours rest then it's all day double.

Regardless they make sure we get 8 hours rest.

Now if we stay in our own area were we report back to our normal headquarters and it's during regular work hours it's straight time, if we travel on our system it's time and a half... that's past practice... in return past practice falls under the recognition clause... then again if we're told to pack up and report to the yard at normal start time during normal hours the first 8 is straight while we travel... it's a mess.
    Last edited by rcdallas; 02-24-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Default Its a mess alright!

Our Contract and the way the company is completely twisting and shiting on it is a conglomeration of clusterness right now! WE MUST SHORE UP THE "HOLE BIG ENOUGH TO DRIVE A TRUCK THROUGH" and streamline our grievance procedure or management will continue to twist the shit outta it
    Last edited by LINEHAND; 02-24-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Showing up Tuesday?

Oh yeah Ill be there with bells on!!!!! R u coming in?
    Last edited by LINEHAND; 02-25-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Cool Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Here's one I started digging my nails into... the recognition clause...

http://www.ibew433.org/index.php?opt...d=95&Itemid=53
    Information like that in needed and I for one would like to thank you for your input. Having a few tools in your belt makes the climb much shorter......
    Ok lineman

Quote Originally Posted by LINEHAND View Post
    Oh yeah Ill be there with bells on!!!!! R u coming in?
    I'm trying to get a flight to make it that way...

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

we get x2 time also but not on major storm... all hours worked are 1.5 usually 16 hour days. unless the storm is in our district, then the overtime starts the 24th hour.
    Last edited by Hyper63; 03-23-2010 at 10:38 PM.