Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question oldest pole changed out

Featured Sponsor

Just wondering what the oldest pole you'll have can out?I changed a 1939 40-7 pole the other day.It was solid in the ground and fair at the top.Was still climbable pole.

Default 1913

In 2002 I changed out 45 from 1913 in lakewood calif it was completly rotten about a foot below ground the only thing that was holding it was the wire.had a date nail...
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

3. Default

1921--still have the date nail. We are suppose to start changing out all our class 7 and 9 poles ( which means a whole bunch of them ). May get a date nail older than '21.

right now we are reconductoring and doing a conversion of a line that was built in the early 1930's. all poles and hardware are from that time. #6 copper wire, 4.8kv going to 336 al at 23kv. everything out here is rotten as hell and used way beyond its life span. still we are leaving a few of the poles and putting in a few step transformers to cover a few side taps that the company feels has some life left in it. so i guess down the road somebody will be changing out poles and wire even older that what i'm seeing now. oldest pole i've changed out that i know of was in early 1990's in new haven, ct pole was dated 1910.

Default Oldest Pole

HA !! West Coast got you beat!! 1912 , taken off a cattle ranch in the foot hills near Madera(Central California). Good stout cedar,climbed it to untie the wire and seen it on the way down! E.S.

I tried to post a pic of it, but I cant ,tell me how to resize it and I can show everyone!

Changed on out from 1916 and another from 1919 in Buffalo,NY a few years back. Pretty much everything in that city is ancient though.

Quote Originally Posted by electric squirrel View Post
    I tried to post a pic of it, but I cant ,tell me how to resize it and I can show everyone!
    Post it to me at bigclive1@gmail.com and I'll resize and post it for you.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Here it is:-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by dragginup View Post
    Changed on out from 1916 and another from 1919 in Buffalo,NY a few years back. Pretty much everything in that city is ancient though.
    hey come on back and change some more! theres still a $hitload more

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    hey come on back and change some more! theres still a $hitload more
    Haha Im actually up here now. Been here since a little before Christmas. Working up near Lockport though.