Thread: u-9

1. Default u-9

Featured Sponsor

Can you beleve in april they volted not to get a raise. Did AEP get raises!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JUMPER47 View Post
    Can you beleve in april they volted not to get a raise. Did AEP get raises!
    PSO didn't. Noone I've talked too new it until Dec. We thought raises were just posponed till the 3rd quarter. I had a hard time believing that we did that. We need to work on the communication...As I said Knowledge is power ......I hope

Guys I think basically the company offered some BS!! I heard aep offered 1 % of your gross income which means if you made $100,000 you would get $250.00 for a bonus which was to be taken out of your cip, yes thats right take it from one pocket and put it into another or you could have a day off. personally I feel like they can take that and stick it in their ass!!!!
    cowboy33

4. Default raise?

2% raise offered. After no raise last year. Some say take the money, never turn down a raise. Some say don't take it, it's a slap in the face. Then they say AEP never raises the last best and final. What do you think?

Thumbs up

I say take the 2% and get yourselfs ready to stand the call when the contract expires. There is power in numbers, so get your bothers to join in on the showdown. Feb 12 2012

Men, AEP is not going to give us anything unless we fight for it, it's business. AEP may have not been able to afford a competative raise, however they had the option to take other concessions like changing some of the language. They think we are a joke and its high time we do what Unions are supposed to do and stand together, go to our meetings and take back what the company has stole from us. We are not going to get anything without a fight!!! Also the company reads these posts, so we need to watch what we say on here to keep them in the dark!!
    cowboy33

Default Retort

Quote Originally Posted by madcowboy33 View Post
    Men, AEP is not going to give us anything unless we fight for it, it's business. AEP may have not been able to afford a competative raise, however they had the option to take other concessions like changing some of the language. They think we are a joke and its high time we do what Unions are supposed to do and stand together, go to our meetings and take back what the company has stole from us. We are not going to get anything without a fight!!! Also the company reads these posts, so we need to watch what we say on here to keep them in the dark!!
    Are we to keep hush-hush for fear that the "Man" has ears every where? It may be so that the company reads this, but more likely than that, the information that is being given to the company of witch you seem so worried about them seeing is coming from someone from within the membership. And those types of people keep forgetting that it is not brotherly to use management as a tool to stifle opposition towards your own personal gain. This is a good tool and all things that are discussed in this are open to the public, our very contract is public, and there is no hiding that. Those that feel the need to be secretive forget that with the lack of fear comes the ability to let known your opposition. If you feel the need to stifle the small fire that has been started through this small sight, then I would think that there would be more useful activities that your ambition could be used for. How are we to ever communicate with each other if not like this? Insight is what we need, and we need it from many sources. Not just ourselves. Who cares who reads it! Weather they do or not are the least of our membership’s worries.

These are only opinions. However, I was never taught to be ashamed of what I am, and when I’m in a fight I was taught to face my opponent and win with dignity. It can be done, and if it is meant to be, it will be done. We do not need to be a RAT hiding behind secrets and running from opposition, we are a whole who can and will be seen as a beast in the eye of our binders. Please do not think of this as a bad retort just an opinion strongly felt.

Thank you for reading
    Ok lineman

8. Default The company might know about this sight?

This is a way to get to know each other. All of AEP and beyond. That through this we can become one voice. That they would read it ....fear it? that is just a perk. I think the first time that AEP mentions this sight to the employees.....we have done well. I haven't said anything on this sight that I wouldn't take credit for...good or bad.....personally when they start searching Oklahoma for Hyper63 I will stand up! A lineman friend once told me, when I thought I was in trouble at AEP "They can't eat you!" that is a good point. The fear of death is worse than death itself. Just think about it...Knowledge is power. ....So the lack of knowledge is???? I will keep posting on this sight, for this reason. I will not discuss any official Union business..If the company wants to know have them attend the next wage opener!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper63 View Post
    This is a way to get to know each other. All of AEP and beyond. That through this we can become one voice. That they would read it ....fear it? that is just a perk. I think the first time that AEP mentions this sight to the employees.....we have done well. I haven't said anything on this sight that I wouldn't take credit for...good or bad.....personally when they start searching Oklahoma for Hyper63 I will stand up! A lineman friend once told me, when I thought I was in trouble at AEP "They can't eat you!" that is a good point. The fear of death is worse than death itself. Just think about it...Knowledge is power. ....So the lack of knowledge is???? I will keep posting on this sight, for this reason. I will not discuss any official Union business..If the company wants to know have them attend the next wage opener!
    Thats all I was talking about, Dont post official Union business!! I've had my letters and days off so I could really give a crap what the company thinks of me!! Maybe I should do better wording my post.
    cowboy33

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

don't sweat it. my comprehension isn't very good so. i might not know what i'm answering sometimes