Default True AEP Employees

Featured Sponsor

A question for the true AEP hands. Not the ones from companys that have been bought out but the ones w/ nothing but A E P on the truck doors. How are you treated by managment and the co.? Its seems PSO is just treated as the bastard step-child in this wonderful investor owned utility. I hear you all are respected by your managers and vice-versa. Is that how it really is.

2. Default

I would'nt say that everything is perfect in Ohio, but it isn't bad. I have worked other places that were a whole lot worse.

3. Default

I have work at bad places too. AEP is a good job and I would like to keep it that way. The thing is we are losing benefits and compensation all the time.

Some of the stuff I see pulled by our upper management (and ONE sds) I'm not entirely sure A E P itself is to blame. Sure, they are allowing what they know, but I believe they are being fed a pretty impresive line of bull. (ok, maybe TWO sds's)

5. Default

That is why I'd like to talk to the AEP hands,not the higherup's. To make sure they understand our position and we can understand theres.. knowledge is power...or so I heard.

Default Aep

Where im at in PSO it seems that bullying is something that happens on a regular basis. The contract is minipulated to work in the favor of management and if we do the same we are singled out and forced to back up from our position. I do not think that it is the first in line management (IE: SDS, Coordinator) I beleave that above them we have some Union Hating individuals that pressure their agenda to destroy our membership. That is the problem because they play favorits and use their lap dogs to undermind the majority openion. they also use the well the east dose this and the west dose this statement. We all need to be togeather and support the decision of the whole not the "I". Its hard to battle someone when their living is made on the war and ours is defended on the side lol........

I love my job for the fact that i can be at home with my family, however if i was not in need of a stable home life id be on the road again. The polotics are too much arround AEP. Though it is a good place to work there is a lot of shady business between its employees and management and that goes for both sides. The answer may not be in getting along but we need to gain respect for both sides from both sides.

7. Default thats right

We get that (east, west) talk too. I think alot of it maybe pso. I know the west is a little better or was in the past, but I don't know anyone back east.

OKlineman that is standared operating procedure for AEP. It is not a bad place to work if you could get thru all there BS. As far as East vs West we here in the East hear that the West is pushing for alot of changes? Maybe it's a ploy?

Featured Sponsorr

You folks are right, Before I retired, supervision would tell us hands that the East does it this way. One of our responses is: look around does this look like the East. Good or bad that's the way we in the West would respond. I believe in our Union and I also believe the U-9 can't help but help us all come together as a team, bargain in good faith to build a solid brotherhood. Each brother and sister should have the opportunity to voice and vote on everything that effects the standard of living, pride in his/her job and let management know that working the East vs West is fruitless.
    RPM