Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cellphones while driving

Featured Sponsor

I can't wait until the day cell phone use while operating motor vehicles is outlawed
    Hand held and hands free "period". .
    Last edited by Linemanblood; 11-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Linemanblood

They are here in the UK. If you're spotted driving while using one you face a fine.

I've got a work colleague who texts while driving......
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default 5-0

Just hope they outlaw it for those who will be ticketing us! See way to many cops on'em while driving!

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    They are here in the UK. If you're spotted driving while using one you face a fine.

I've got a work colleague who texts while driving......
    Hope you don't ride with him while he endangers everyone else while texting
    Linemanblood

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    There ain't enough cops on the road to EVEN think about enforcing it!

What they really need is technology to make cell phone inoperable IN CARS!!
    Nice Swamp! Uh-Oh....Now more "ONSTAR"!

But seriously, we have a van with a 17" t.v. and head phones in it and the phones cancel out if you take them past the back of the front two seats going forward (follow me?).

MAYBE YOU'RE ON TO SOMETHING!!

Well,....seriously.
    THAT's the ONLY way you're gonna be able to stop people talkin on cell phones in their cars. Make em NOT work!
    Puttin a "law" against it, is just gonna make it worse. THEN, they'd be on the cell phones, AND lookin all around for Cops!

Maby just some little "chip" put in all cars, that blocks cell phones.

But, sure as shit....the ACLU would be all over somethin like that. "Freedom and shit" ya know.... Life's sure complicated....
    Yep! And ya know the gov. is lookin at it as a money maker off of all the fines and penalties!

There ain't enough cops on the road to EVEN think about enforcing it!

What they really need is technology to make cell phone inoperable IN CARS!!
    That technolgy is already out and as far as enforcing. We use to think drinking while driving ,safety belts and child restraint seats could not be enforced but over time people have come to there understand these laws are for the better. It will take time once laws are in place. You have three kind of groupps for laws. One people that have total respect for society, two people that respect society but think of themselves more. Three some people wont never abey any law. So it will never be totally done away with but it would make a difference over time
    Linemanblood

I heard on the radio the other day that texting is now 23% MORE DANGEROUS than driving drunk. I have a feeling that will go up more in the next few years. Then the average safe driver will be in jeopardy on our highways.

You use to think a swerving car was a drunk driver, soon you won't be able to tell the difference between the texting idiot and the drunk driving loonatic!

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    I heard on the radio the other day that texting is now 23% MORE DANGEROUS than driving drunk. I have a feeling that will go up more in the next few years. Then the average safe driver will be in jeopardy on our highways.

You use to think a swerving car was a drunk driver, soon you won't be able to tell the difference between the texting idiot and the drunk driving loonatic!
    You are right . Driver showed in study done at Harvard that Impaired driving under .08 BAC were safer than cell phone users texting or talking. Driving impaired drivers are aware of what they are doing becuase they know they are breaking law so they watch everything they do. They keep their following distance and try to cover their butt.
    On the other hand a cell phone user (Text or talking) they could care less about the other drivers around them. We have all did and some still doit .But it 's time to try and understand where it's leading to befor eit to late and more lives are lost. The stats are increasing dramatically by the year. 75% of cell phone users admit there is a problem with it but are not ready to change there habits
    Linemanblood

Featured Sponsorr

I agree. There are so many obstacles on the road today when we are sober and safe without adding more to it.

'Course you are talking to the minority user here. Half the time I forget my cell phone or forget to charge it. I don't even think I have that option on my cell phone, to tell you the truth. I'm just not a cell phone user. Drives my kids and husband nuts when they need to get ahold of me.

I'm not even one to talk on the phone much if I can help it. I think it's my earlier years of being a telephone operator.