Default Electronic Publications

Featured Sponsor

I wish that you would get into the new century and offer your magazine electronically. As a Tramp Lineman you might not realize how much more the cost of any magazine is to have it forwarded. If your are lucky your mail gets to you before you are moving to the next job. Bryon with electronic publications one can keep lots of issues in one folder. I even receive and pay my bills electronically, please consider this!

Default money

That is a great idea and we have talked about doing that and will do it if we get some money.

When the economy comes back or if we can have more subscribers I will do that but until we get some more income we can't do it at this time.

Byron

I'm guessing the magazine format is the preferred choice at the moment due to it's accountability for advertising revenue?

Otherwise an ongoing website with a front page giving a list of online editions that linked to appropriate web pages could work. You'd need to set up a mailing list or facebook page too, so that you could let people know when a new online edition had been put up.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    I'm guessing the magazine format is the preferred choice at the moment due to it's accountability for advertising revenue?

Otherwise an ongoing website with a front page giving a list of online editions that linked to appropriate web pages could work. You'd need to set up a mailing list or facebook page too, so that you could let people know when a new online edition had been put up.

So Clive, what does the postage cost you to have your Powerlineman Magazine shipped to you?

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    That is a great idea and we have talked about doing that and will do it if we get some money.

When the economy comes back or if we can have more subscribers I will do that but until we get some more income we can't do it at this time.

Byron
    I'm not sure HD is thinking about the money, this wouldnt be a cheap thing to do and alot of sponsors would not pay the same or would want to advertise in an "online version" of the mag. Fact is a magazine would reach more hands and eyes to linemen that anything online. You would be amazed at how many linemen that still does not get online. The magazine is atleast worth 10x more than an online version if not more than that.

Take for instance a job posting. I'm willing to bet Byron makes more (or gets more $$) for a job posting in the magazine than he does on this site. JMHO.

I believe Byron about the cost, web pages are almost a dinosaur and the new thing is Apps. Just to get a good App written will cost $5,000 and then you have to have mega coverage to get enough hits to mae a profit.

Featured Sponsorr

Dont get me wrong I think it would be cool as well to have it online, especially if you have kids and the damn thing happens to get tore up LOL...

Plus I've been lucky enough to have a few copies that mean alot to me and would be nice to know they'll always be there for future generations as I'm not sure the younger crowd really cares about the magazine or not. I'm afraid we'd have to double the size if not more for it to financially make sense.