Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default cell phone policy

Featured Sponsor

Doing survey
    What your companies policy on cell phone use while driving and/or operating equipment. Opinions
    Linemanblood

Thumbs down Omg!

No cell phones driving or operating equipment is the rule at our outfit. Whatever happened to answering machines? Is there something so important that you have to drop everything or divert your attention and answer the phone or text somebody? I always like the example of three kids walking down the street one on a cell phone and the other two just staring into space, are the two people your walking with so unimportant that you want to talk to someone else? Same with your work on power lines, operating equipment or driving is that so unimportant that you rather talk to someone else? Get a life. . .Atleast get safe. I like the old dial up phones, tough on your finger, slow to use and heavy to hold making your conversation quick and to the point. . ..Don't get me started. . .

Default cell phones

this cell phone crap is getting out of hand. there is a j/l in cal. that was changing out a 480 meter hot, very little ppe and talking to his wife on the phone. made a mistake and had a flash. i was working in the primary with another j/l. His phone rang. he stopped what he was doing, pulled off his gloves, and answered. we were still in the proximity. i told him next time he did that i would air mail the phone. cell phones have no place on the job except the fm. give the # of his phone to your wife, girl friend, etc.

Default I heard that loud & clear

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    No cell phones driving or operating equipment is the rule at our outfit. Whatever happened to answering machines? Is there something so important that you have to drop everything or divert your attention and answer the phone or text somebody? I always like the example of three kids walking down the street one on a cell phone and the other two just staring into space, are the two people your walking with so unimportant that you want to talk to someone else? Same with your work on power lines, operating equipment or driving is that so unimportant that you rather talk to someone else? Get a life. . .Atleast get safe. I like the old dial up phones, tough on your finger, slow to use and heavy to hold making your conversation quick and to the point. . ..Don't get me started. . .
    I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF
    THANKS
    FOR THE IMPUT
    Linemanblood

I couldnt agree more ........... Cell phones have no place on the job!I worked for years without one.Hadnt been invented yet,. Women in particular have no concept that they are interupting a job in progress and they call incessantly.I cant help but wonder what kind of important news they just hafta share that cant wait until a man is off work and out of the danger zone. All they can fathom is they pay for one and so do men so it is surley OK to use em anytime and anyplace....... Just aint right. Goes right along with texting and driving at the same time......... that craps gonna get someone hurt. Sorry guys I spoze ya just hit on my biggest pet peeve

6. Default

We don't really a policy spelled out but we haven't really had any problems with cell phones at work, they actually give us an allowance towards our cell phones if we use our personal ones. I usually leave mine in the truck while I'm working, but if I'm in the warehouse or in a meeting I have it on me. I told my wife that if she calls I'll answer if I can, if it's an emergency call two times back to back, & if I still don't answer then call my work's office & they'll get a hold of me on the radio.

cell phones are junk... only time I have one is when I'm on standby for something... wife tried to get me to buy one..."in case something happens" I said WTF woman if something happens I'm prolly gonna be dead and won't be able to call you anyway... but don't worry the company will!

I'm sick and damned tired of the youngin' glued to those GD things...

but I'll stop there and leave the ranting up to JB... he's not tore into a good one lately maybe this is one he can chime in on...

Edge

oh and our policy is pretty much leave 'em in the truck...give'm to your foreman if your expecting an important call... pull over if you have to answer work... not sure how well it's followed but thats how I understand it...

Default I hate em.......

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    cell phones are junk... only time I have one is when I'm on standby for something... wife tried to get me to buy one..."in case something happens" I said WTF woman if something happens I'm prolly gonna be dead and won't be able to call you anyway... but don't worry the company will!

I'm sick and damned tired of the youngin' glued to those GD things...

but I'll stop there and leave the ranting up to JB... he's not tore into a good one lately maybe this is one he can chime in on...

Edge
    Guy's on them all the time, playin he said she said, It used to be if ya had an emergancy at home, they call the office, dispatch would get a hold of you, that simple.

Now they do switchin over them instead of the radio, it's bullshit.

I hate that the old lady can get a hold of me all the ****in time, I need a little me time, I don't need to hear what we got in the mail today, or a play by play of her day, I alway's say is it that ****in important? Or I tell her to save them all up, call me once. ****!

I will say, If you like a song, do not make it your ringtone, I have learned to associate the song with frustration, now I hate em, ****ed up some good music.

As far as rant's, nobody listen's, nothin changes, they just justify what ever they want, won't deal with problem's or real reality, they just like livin in there vary own personal reality, whatever float's thier boat, but that is why the trade is goin to shit, nobody cares, why the **** should I, I am gonna get mine, handle my own shit like I alway's have, people must like thing's the way they are cause nobody will do shit about it, **** it. Just don't tread on me, cause I will do somethin about it.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Yup John.

But ya know what man? As long as there's guys like you and me BITCHIN, about, the BULLSHIT in linework today...maby, some of these young punks will take notice...before the whole Trade goes to shit. Although...It's almost there....

You're Union. I'm Non union. We BOTH see the same CRAP!!

I use to get a call from the "Dispatcher" on the "Truck Radio"...."Ya need to call home, when ya get time".

Use to climb up a pole, open up a Phone Pod, Clip in my Bell Dial Phone, one of my Bell Troublmen buddies gave me, back in 72.... and call the house.

"Progress and Technology" is GREAT, ain't it John?

Dude...I hope to actually meet you one day......
    That's cool, you had an old school cell phone, cell phone's have there place, I guess for any an emergancy, but it is out of hand, plain and simple.

And if I am ever in O town, I'm buyin.