Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pranks

Default Pranks

Featured Sponsor

I know we all have good stories about prankin at work. Got any you all can tell about with out any "REPERCUSSIONS".

We had a crew leader who could lie his way out of any corner. He never wore his hard hat and would have a new excuse every time he got caught without it. He also liked to prank. So one day I came in off of rest one late Thursday morning and everyone was at a funeral for a retired lineman I didn't know. I found his hard hat buried in the bottom of a bin in his truck. I took a packet of dry blue raspberry koolaid, lightly wet the inside of his sweatband(YA GOTTA UNFOLD THE BAND) and rubbed the whole inside of it with the raspberry. You want it a little wet so it sticks inside the band and doesn't fall in his face and give up the prank.

The following Monday my crew leader and I were terminating a live front PMH gear and he and his crew came to help. They used two buckets to build the riser. Couldn't be any perfect...we were on a busy road so he decided to wear is brain bucket this "HOT SUNNY AFTERNOON". HE WENT UP IN ONE BUCKET AND A JRNYMN IN ANOTHER....I'm laughing to myself...my crew leader can't figure out why....but then 15 Min's later he's coming down, takes off his hardhat, and proceeds to wipe it out at the front bumper of his truck. Finally I tell my leader whats up, so he's hysterical. Later in the bullpen the jrnymn tells me how the two of them were going up in their buckets at the same time and then he looks at the leader and says "WHAT THE F#$%K IS WRONG WITH YOU"? He had blue running down his nose, down both sides of his face, and a ring around his forehead that was still there at the end of the day!

He never figured it was me. in fact no one did cause I usually don't prank. Three weeks later I finally told him cause he was after everyone. I've used that one a few times now!!!

If you smell something fruity when you start working...LOOK OUT!!!
    Last edited by MI-Lineman; 09-10-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    That's funny shit.

"Back in the day"..., I've told this story before...but it's been lost in past threads.

Worked with a guy we use to call "Pretty Boy". A "Perfect Hair dude." His hair was NEVER messed up, no matter whether he was climbin, or in the bucket. He just happened to be...a real asshole too.

"Somebody got a bottle of "Nair", (look it up), and when he untooled for the day, "somebody", got hold of his hard hat and rubbed the Nair, all around the inside and the straps on the top....and put it back.

Next day...hotter than hell...... Put his hard hat on. Kept it on for about 5 hours. When he took it off, after about 2 hrs....alot of his hair was attached to it. After 5 hours, it was not cool to see....down to the roots. His head looked like a tic tac toe drawing.

It all grew back in a few months, but....."Ya had to been there". I know...Sadistic.

That would be Law Suite shit today.
    You definitely gotta watch your ass with the new kids these days! Used to grease apps until someone claimed they got hurt.

Funny rat, that definitely would have been funny to see! I knew you would have a good one or two ol'timer!

Talking

Oh got a couple of good ones for ya!
    First ones a bit like MI-Lineman's, down here when working live LV/HV we wear the cotton inner, ya gloves Class 0, 00, then the leathers over the lot, so the trick is put some chalk from ya string line (preferable the same colour as the gloves, red for Salisbury) in side the 0's or 00's. If ya mate don't air test his gloves, well let's just say at the end of the day they can be caught out red handed.

The next one is to collect the old gloves 0's/00's that fail test (torn cuff ect.) and zippy tie them on the exhaust of the truck, they get a fair size before goin' off with a boom!!

And the old favorite grease under the door handle......

My favorite was when the guy up in the air needed new connectors. I'd find an old dreid up dog turd. I'd throw up one new bug then a dog trud, then a new bug, etc. He'd catch each one and drop em in his bug bag. Now you wait till he reaches in and comes up with the turd! Make sure your far away when he finds the turd!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default I like this one. .

We had a guy who liked to send a hack saw up on a hand line by stuffing the rope thru the saw and around both ends. . .now you have two half hitches on the blade in a continous rope line and waiting for the kid on the pole to finger that one out. . . .I had to figure it out once myself. . .DOH!

We also had a guy that was vain and needed to color his hair. . .Him and I were putting up some primary one stormy rainy night and I looked over at him and he had green dribble running down his face. . .I said Paul what the hell you using to color that gray old mop? He was a mess. . .He didn't need Kool Aid I tell ya!

6. Default

Tied a peice of p-line to the drive shaft of bucket truck once. Made an awful racket and the lineman at the time couldnt figure it out, So he kept driving and it finally tore the air lines loose. Needless to say we wont do that again.LOL.

Worked for a small line contractor. The owner of the company hired his useless brother to be a shop man and go-fer. The brother was always trying to push his weight around with the linemen, who pretty much just ignored him.

He showed up out on the job in brand new pick-up truck on a very hot Friday just before lunch ranting and raveing that the overpaid linemen didn't do this or that. One of the linemen had a can of sardines for lunch. Someone on the crew, I won't say who, asked that he leave one fish in the can along with the juice.

The can was sliped under the seat of the truck. He returned the truck to the shop, rolled up the windows and left. After a very hot weekend he had to drive the truck for weeks with the windows down to blow out the stench. Since he had visited several crews that day, he never was able to determine who put the open sardine can under the seat.

OOOH Yeah, Learning some good ones!

Ever use ampacts(which I wish we used here at the co.). If yeah then you probably know this one? Take a blue shell, stick a lag in it(point first dah), and tape were they meet. Give her a toss in the air behind you and like we use to do in Detroit, watch how many crack heads hit the deck thinking the dope man coming for his money!

Had a crew leader and jrnymn who liked each other almost go to the dirt cause the jrnymn threw one just before the leader and I went hands on on a buck pole. I wouldn't suggest that one!

P.S. Make damn sure you tape it and don't use a higher power shell than the blue....Seen a safety memo....something about an app...lag....and his eyebrow!

Wink Pranks

Baby powder in the defrost of the trucks during winter makes for a good laugh?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by jrwhd68 View Post
    Baby powder in the defrost of the trucks during winter makes for a good laugh?
    That reminded me of another good one! My buddy when I hired into the co. was an app. at the time. One night when he was on-call he and his crew attached a porcelain house knob to my former crew leaders pull cord for his air horns( an old trick we always did) and propped it somehow on the drivers door. But, they also packed the horns full of glove dust. When he opened the door the next morning we heard a loud pluppe(?) sound and looked just as the dust shot out of the horns just missing our feild leader as he walked by! We park inside so it made one hell of a mess!