Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I'm a Distribution Engineer. Been doing this right before the big Y2k scare that was supposed to bring the grid down. Was anyone of you "oncall" just for that? I have been with the ESC local union for most of that time. I have worked with linemen, tmen, operators and have always learned a lot from their real life in the field experiences. I hope to do that same here.

Welcome to our madness. Its always nice to have an engineers perspective on things

Yes its a madhouse at times,nice to have you here,we love stories from what others have seen,so feel free to give us your thoughts opinions or experiences............by the way where are you located?............yes the y2k year,worked that night when everything was susposed to go black,some did,cause i didnt get off on time.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Yes its a madhouse at times,nice to have you here,we love stories from what others have seen,so feel free to give us your thoughts opinions or experiences............by the way where are you located?............yes the y2k year,worked that night when everything was susposed to go black,some did,cause i didnt get off on time.
    BTW reppy...Where are YOU located?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Im a journeyman lineman out of Texas,hired on in 1983,after serving 3 years in the U.S.Army,starting as a helper,attending apprentice school 3 years.Worked for Houston lighting & Power for 21.5 yrs,Union,local 66,the company has changed its name 2 times since,now called Centerpoint Energy,with utilities such as electric and gas.Have worked for contractors in this area and Flordia,The one in flordia was non-union,not finding out that info till I was already there.The guys were ok,didnt know about overhead but still ok.Personally I prefer a invester owned utility or a city owned utility,mainly due to equipment issues.Over all working for 4 contractors.Always have thought of working in California,something that still may or may not happen.
    Will this do Swamp? Come on now....read the thread. This was only on the page before.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood View Post
    I'm a Distribution Engineer. Been doing this right before the big Y2k scare that was supposed to bring the grid down. Was anyone of you "oncall" just for that? I have been with the ESC local union for most of that time. I have worked with linemen, tmen, operators and have always learned a lot from their real life in the field experiences. I hope to do that same here.

Omygosh! Not the engineer! What a brave first post! Hehehe.....I just had to say that.

It's all good. I also look forward to reading posts. Welcome to the crew JBG!

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Will this do Swamp? Come on now....read the thread. This was only on the page before.
    You're right, I missed that. Evedently so did alot of others. I just usually look at the profile.

Default Hello from WV

I am a UWUA 304 steward at Harrison Power Station in Haywood, WV. We were just bought out by First Energy
    Last edited by Bob-N-D-PWRSTN; 04-09-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Default welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-N-D-PWRSTN View Post
    I am a UWUA 304 member at Harrison Power Station in Haywood, WV. We were just bought out by First Energy
    Welcome aboard...
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Featured Sponsorr

Welcome Bob!