Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Featured Sponsor

Thanks for the welcome! UWUA 304 is a newly formed Local that's fighting for it's first contract.

Default greener than green

I'm Kyle, got a CDL A. been driving trucks (local store door delivery) for 4 years. Humpin' all kinds of schtuff up and down a ramp. Heavy, light, it doesn't matter. I'm runnin'! productivity... As one of the higher ups called us, "the runningbacks" of the company. Great pay, short life expectancy. Not many options beyond where i'm at. Applied a few years back with Ameren directly; no experience, no CDL, no chance. so off the other way I went. Made a good life for myself; house, comfortable. But I've always had that itch to go where the lines go. Figured I'd try to get my foot through the door before I got too old. Haha. Applied with MO Valley JATC , Local #2. Have my first interview in Sept. ANXIOUS would be an understatement. Looking forward to it.

Here's too learning a thing or two and getting to where I hope to be.

Welcome Kyle and good luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by STLmo1986 View Post
    I'm Kyle, got a CDL A. been driving trucks (local store door delivery) for 4 years. Humpin' all kinds of schtuff up and down a ramp. Heavy, light, it doesn't matter. I'm runnin'! productivity... As one of the higher ups called us, "the runningbacks" of the company. Great pay, short life expectancy. Not many options beyond where i'm at. Applied a few years back with Ameren directly; no experience, no CDL, no chance. so off the other way I went. Made a good life for myself; house, comfortable. But I've always had that itch to go where the lines go. Figured I'd try to get my foot through the door before I got too old. Haha. Applied with MO Valley JATC , Local #2. Have my first interview in Sept. ANXIOUS would be an understatement. Looking forward to it.

Here's too learning a thing or two and getting to where I hope to be.
    Havin a CDL A, is a great "tool" to bring with ya as part of your resume, to apply to a Line Company, if ya want to "get into the Trade". Good Luck man! The Trade NEEDS New Blood....

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Havin a CDL A, is a great "tool" to bring with ya as part of your resume, to apply to a Line Company, if ya want to "get into the Trade". Good Luck man! The Trade NEEDS New Blood....

Hopefully that can be me, get in there and bust my behind, learn the trade, and hopefully someday pass the trade on like so many great folks have before

6. Default

Names Mike, I'm 22 and a Selcat Apprentice. Just got my 6th step promotion. Spent the last 10months working in Cincinnati, Dist. Hit a bunch of storms with them, before that it was 6 months with TVA in TN/KY and a storm in AL doing tower exts new lines and some fiber pull in, before that it was some aerial cable work in PA and a bunch of transmission in FL, TX and NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk13 View Post
    Names Mike, I'm 22 and a Selcat Apprentice. Just got my 6th step promotion. Spent the last 10months working in Cincinnati, Dist. Hit a bunch of storms with them, before that it was 6 months with TVA in TN/KY and a storm in AL doing tower exts new lines and some fiber pull in, before that it was some aerial cable work in PA and a bunch of transmission in FL, TX and NC.
    22 years Old.

Welcome Mike. Nice to see younger Linemen postin. Hope to hear more from ya.
    Work safe man....

8. Default

Brandon, journeyman lineman Tucson ax local 1116. Doing line work for 7 yrs now lovin every minute

Quote Originally Posted by Bstephens View Post
    Brandon, journeyman lineman Tucson ax local 1116. Doing line work for 7 yrs now lovin every minute
    Great to hear from you Brandon,you choose a great trade,hope you will share things you see and do with us..I do wonder how you guys deal with that heat there in Arizona, give us a rattlesnake story if you have any....work safe.

10. Default Lets Introduce Ourselves

Featured Sponsorr

Hello Folks,
    I just recently joined this forum although I have been reading it for many years. My name is Terry, I am 38, I climbed my first pole July 3, 1993, have done every aspect of the trade from underground to transmission....from grunt to supervisor. I spent many years "chasing the money" and I worked for a small Co Op for a few years. I currently work for a small Municipality in Virginia as a Journeyman Lineman. My "little Man", who just turned eight this year, wants to become a Lineman one day like his father!! I love this trade, and enjoy this forum!!!