Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I didn't realize this thread was here (my first post was in the wannabe forum), so here I am; I just started lineman school on 8-16-10 so you'd all be correct in assuming I'm a complete greenhorn.

I joined the forum to get a better idea of what I've gotten myself into. I have a small amount of experience with mining electrical (7200v shovel stuff) but when it comes to high line stuff I'm pretty much clueless.

I look forward to the wealth of knowledge I can gain from those of you that are willing to share it.
    A penny saved is a penny earned, but a stolen case of beer gets you a hell of a lot drunker.

2. Default

Mike -20 year Journeyman Lineman - 30 year member of Local 125 - all 30 at the local Utility - kids (5 daughters) grown and gone 3 thru college -

Starting on new journey tomorrow - first day as a "con", and truthfully, looking very much forward to it.

Past 30 has been my honor and privilege to have worked with some great men, many of which will have my respect till the end of days. I'm looking forward to meeting many more brothers and keep learning in the greatest trade going.

Default nice thread

Let's see, 18 year utility lineman, E.Board member (ibew local 320), line school instructor, a host of other responsibilitys that keep me real busy. Not complaining though would'nt have it any other way. Luv what I do

hello. I Jose am lineman. new hear but work as linman for long time

i tink i go to the state of alberta and work. i work for irby a bit and som small contrcttor in texas but time move on. think this freetradething a very gid think. i can work where i want for gid money because for 12,000 peso get green card in Los Angeles no problemo

Jose

Will actually if my calculation is right i been a member for about 1 week.Just want to introduce my self ashtonadrian, is my name. I am grateful that I am here.

By the way the day is not quite good. hehehe!!!!

Default Still around and busy as ever

Here's a picture of my installation as Master of Faribault #9. The presiding officer is the Grand Master of MN Masons John L. Cook, Jr. and the retirng Master is Dave Kvestad.

I have been busy with Lodge and Job's Daughters and just spending time with the family. I hadn't thought much about this site until I got a notification somebody tried unsuccessfully to sign on as me.....probably Swampsuck in an attempt to gain some credibility......but that's just a guess (LOL).

Hope everybody had an enjoyable holiday and finds peace and prosperity in the New Year.

Jimmy

I just wanted to add a little more information about the picture.....
    As some of you know, I was apopted by my grandparents. My grandfather, an orphan himself, never achieved more than a 6th grade education. He was a Mason as well, (I'm ninth generation), but he never thought he was smart enough to serve as Master himself. He died 2 months before my 3rd degree and when he was cremated my grandmother gave me his white apron. It was my honor and privilege to carry his apron to the East with me in memorial. He was, contrary to his own opinion, the smartest and most upright man I ever knew. I miss him very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Boomer gone soft; 01-04-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Nice to see ya still think bout me "jimmy".
    You know...that ain't my style at all.

But leave it to a guy like you to make a shit reference like that.

Nice "Apron".

My Grand Father was a 33 degree Mason. My Father in Law was a Shriner, and past potentate... and his wife was Daughters of the Nile.
    LMAO!

I owe you an apology! I really couldn't help myself. I can't believe it took you this many days to find that little dig......you're slipping old man!

You should consider taking the degrees. It would give you some time away from all the crap on here.

I just want to say to you publicly, I don't give you that much shit because of your views. I have many close friends whom I do not agree with politically. I just don't like the way you make things personal and I don't like that you have stir shit on EVERY post.

Let's disagree.

Let's stop being disagreeable.

I'll start by quit jerking your chain and calling you "swampsuck".

Have a nice day!

A very nice story in the local paper.

http://www.faribault.com/news.php?viewStory=104198

Hello everyone!! My name is Paul I'm 37 and live in kings park L.I., n.y. I manufacture headstones and do stone resturation. I tried to get in to neat app. 6 years ago local 1049. Never got the call. I'm back on the list, had my interview lastmonth and hoping to get the call. I have 6 friends all lineman, all love their job. Wish me luck!! Nice too meet everyone

Talking good luck

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Nyblast View Post
    Hello everyone!! My name is Paul I'm 37 and live in kings park L.I., n.y. I manufacture headstones and do stone resturation. I tried to get in to neat app. 6 years ago local 1049. Never got the call. I'm back on the list, had my interview lastmonth and hoping to get the call. I have 6 friends all lineman, all love their job. Wish me luck!! Nice too meet everyone
    Good luck and glad to see you are going with the n.e.a.t program and local 1049. Great choice !!!!