Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Flags & Patriotism

Featured Sponsor

Don't understand my Wife's reason to object in me erecting a flag pole?

I know we aussies are a patriotic mob but not as much as the American's, have been to parts of the States and see the American Flag flying off every second house. Here were I live it's not real common to have one but guessing people just wouldn't be bothered spending the dough.

I mean it's not something on my must have list but scored a small steel st/light pole with a slight bent base from someone backing into it, so thought I'd put it to good use and spray it up and re-use it. Been copping the silent treatment since bringing it home.

What's the thoughts on here in regarding the flying of you're Countries flag?
    How many others do?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
    Don't understand my Wife's reason to object in me erecting a flag pole?
    I know what you mean bro... I erect a flag pole every night in bed and get the same reaction.

I've gotta a brkn grey fiberglass strlght pole I wanted to use as a flag pole too! Same problem with my wife!

B.Mac you must've married my wifes twin sister and T.G. married the other one!

BTW yes I have an "official" company removal slip!

Red Skelton Pledge of Allegiance

The sad part is the man's words became true...
    Last edited by Highplains Drifter; 01-16-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Red Skelton Pledge of Allegiance

The sad part is the man's words became true...
    AMEN BROTHER!

6. Default

you should put up your pole & flag coz every morning you leave the house and see it fluttering in the wind your hart will lift with the knowlage that you live free with no worries and it will show some silent respect to those who died in the past so you live without fear and sleep well at night

Quote Originally Posted by paul maxwell View Post
    you should put up your pole & flag coz every morning you leave the house and see it fluttering in the wind your hart will lift with the knowlage that you live free with no worries and it will show some silent respect to those who died in the past so you live without fear and sleep well at night
    That's good!! I just read that to my wife and now we're at whether I can put it right out in front of the house? She wants it off to the side!

Thanks Paul! I'm closer!

MI , did you know you can order a Flag that has flown over the Nation's Capitol? You can specify what day you want it flown and they are not that much. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    MI , did you know you can order a Flag that has flown over the Nation's Capitol? You can specify what day you want it flown and they are not that much. Click here
    Had no idea! Now she's gotta let me! That's pretty cool!

They're not very much in price either?

Thanks H.D.!

Featured Sponsorr

the way this country is going a new flag will be made the stars will be replaced with the mexican flag.