Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: met-ed

Featured Sponsor

Thanks guys, I was told they would contact me to come up and climb and interview but I havent heard from them. Thanks for the info its a lot to consider.

Thumbs down Interview

If you go for the interview it won't be hard for you to pick out the wanna be Cowboy. Very arrogant and in love with himself. Very cocky air and Mr. Nice guy promise you the world and then give you a spanish neck tie to make himself look good. He will get all blown out like a peacock and ask dumb questions and then crosses his legs like a girl and thinks he is superior. He would push his own mother in front of the bus to get a cookie. Things will not change there anytime soon. There are only two foreman who have actually ever had a pair of hooks on out of both shops. The other ones are golf buddies very nice guys but I would not want to trust them with my life on the line. FE is now run by suits who really have no clue what the real world of line work is all about. You think they really care about the fatalities......NO......Timmy's job was posted 3 days later. It is all about the CAIDI minutes. I can't think about it I am getting mad. Please check out PP&L or PSE&G. They have a better safety rating.

I,ll let you know if I ever hear back from them.

4. Default

We're currently without a contract, but continuing to work of the existing one.

As far as I've heard they aren't hiring, but that's just what I heard.

They kick the contractors out a while back. We had some non-union in during a storm (we found out later) in Feb.

We removed our personal stuff as of Thursday. We knows if they'll lock us out or we'll go on strike. I hope we do actually.

Once my moving contract is up, I probably wont be here long. Too much crap and it's not worth it.

Penelec was better than Met-Ed
    IBEW Local 777

5. Default

never heard anything good about first energy from ohio to jersey

Worked for Penelec for 16 years and loved it till First Energy (FIFO) *7^%^&# Idiots From Ohio, bought everybody up. Not a good company to work for. They want you all the time with no compensation and treat the Lineman bad! I got out and love it now. Feel bad for my fellow Linemen who really had to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
    Worked for Penelec for 16 years and loved it till First Energy (FIFO) *7^%^&# Idiots From Ohio, bought everybody up. Not a good company to work for. They want you all the time with no compensation and treat the Lineman bad! I got out and love it now. Feel bad for my fellow Linemen who really had to stay.
    Man, hope I can make it 20 more years...
    Be wary of a power company with more lawyers than lineman!!!

Default Union

The union knew that there were non union lineman working that storm. It was mentioned by the same person who told me to the union guys. He told the lineman asap. I had passed the crews did not realize they were non union.

Its as if no one cares anymore.

Strike I hate to say didnt help solve anything. Did make you feel good though. Course there was no kick ass storm for 3 1/2 months. We come back to work and bam big storm.

Dont you feel sorry for the company and want to give up your raise while TA took his giant bonus.

I loved the Jersey Shore......I loved going to the beach during ice storms it was amazing as long as you did not have to try to walk anywhere.

9. Default

I got a text message today from my friend who works for Penelec (180) asking if we were walking.

He said they've been in meetings preparing for us to strike.

He's been hearing things about 459 and 777 being day to day, etc.

180's contract is up next year, so if we end up taking a one year deal it'll set things up really good for all of PA to be on the same schedule.

I know things haven't been that great back there either.
    IBEW Local 777

Default Met Ed Info

Featured Sponsorr

http://www.ohio.com/business/45897492.html

If your still considering employment with First Energy/Met Ed you may want to read this............hmmmmm.