Default Foreign Utilities

Featured Sponsor

How about an article on Foriegn conglomerates buying up the East coast of the U.S. National Grid, now Iberdrola, soon the whole east coast grid will be owned by foriegn nationals. Very scary.

77liner Guest

Default Foriegn Owners

How about McQuarie from Australia that is buying Puget Sound Energy. Dont they own some utilities back east. Anybody know how that's going?

I haven't heard about that, but it doesn't surprise me. Its weirds that the government is worrying about Dubai buying some ports, but they could care less about the sale of all of electrical utilities to foreign corporations. Bizzare.

Quote Originally Posted by 77liner View Post
    How about McQuarie from Australia that is buying Puget Sound Energy. Dont they own some utilities back east. Anybody know how that's going?
    Yep they will buy anything they think they can make money out of I don't know how their ownership effects companies around here they have bought out over here. But on the other hand foriegn ownership of utilities here is also an issue its just the way of the global economy and free trade agreements its the "new" way.
    From the pole to the hole and both sides of the meter....

5. Default

I would like to know what happens if our country goes to war with another company that owns utilities in our country .

How would it pan out the enemy owning your power / water or telecommunications company's?

I watched a documentary on the history channel that really opened my eyes about the second world war and money.

Even during the second world war the world bank still functioned , Swiss interests remained neutral for good reason and in some cases money was more important that winning the war to some very rich individuals in both axis and allied countries.

It would be very interesting to see what would occur.

skyking Guest

Default foreign utilities

MacQuarie, an Australian company bought us in June of 2007 Duquesne Light, In West Pa. We were the first utility that they purchased. They are a holdings company, and are in the business to make a profit. Which means they will do whatever it takes to make money. We as a utility have no generation to make money so you do the math. Squizzy if you need any info contact L.U. 29 I'm sure we can provide you with some information.

One day the power's just going to go off, and the money men will all do a runner to avoid liability for bringing the power system to its knees.

I've got a very simple category system for people...

Productives. That's people like us who build and maintain society.
    Non productives. Shop assistants and general office staff.
    Counter productives. Lawyers, criminals, corrupt politicians and "businessmen".

Society would benefit greatly by the complete removal of the latter category.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    One day the power's just going to go off, and the money men will all do a runner to avoid liability for bringing the power system to its knees.

I've got a very simple category system for people...

Productives. That's people like us who build and maintain society.
    Non productives. Shop assistants and general office staff.
    Counter productives. Lawyers, criminals, corrupt politicians and "businessmen".

Society would benefit greatly by the complete removal of the latter category.

I dunno man..can you imagine some of us running a business? Trampy secretaries would be running rampant through the corporate world!

Default overseas oweners

Featured Sponsorr

have noticed this a lot over the last five or six ears in the uk most of south england is owened by france spain germany up in the north east of england C.E electrics own northern electic and yorkshire electric the two biggest areas in england the two power utilitys in scotland own a large slice of england aswell i gues its just buisness doing what buisness does screw money out of the paying customers
    engineers aren,t god,s