Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crew Leader

Default Crew Leader

Featured Sponsor

The company I work for made a new position of Crew Leader a year ago. Myself and two other employees became crew leaders. We have no job description of what our responsibility are or should be. Any help would be appreciated.

we have crew leaders where i work..They basically have the say on how the job is going to get done...Responsible for their men working safely etc....Sometimes they are also big into the union as well (stewards etc)..At least where I'm from.....

Thats basically what we are doing but we have never had anything in writing. We are not union we are a Municipal. Thanks

As " Crew Leader" they expect you to push a little harder do a little more and dont offer to pay ya much more at all. This is a form of blowing smoke up yer azz to make ya think They think more of you than the rest of the crew.......... Dont bleve em ......yer the patsy when sumpin goes wrong. In any accident somebody hazta be at fault and yer the prime target cause yer the Crew leader .Ask em fer a detailed explanation of your job duties and responsibilites... Bet ya dont get any response.

Quote Originally Posted by THE KID View Post
    The company I work for made a new position of Crew Leader a year ago. Myself and two other employees became crew leaders. We have no job description of what our responsibility are or should be. Any help would be appreciated.
    It's called being a FOREMAN. Other than that it's a made up bullshit position just like LEAD LINEMAN. What a joke.

We haven't had Foreman in years..........now they are called Construction Supv's.........the SR lineman is what a Crew Leader/Foreman used to be.....but he is the head man on a 3 or 5 man crew, and if several crews are working together, the Senior Senior lineman is the boss!!!

Not in my area, but in some, I have more time in the crapper than some of these kids have been alive...much less in the trade!!!!!!!! But if I have to work with them, I gotta do what he says, but most of the time, they do recognize experience...........well at least some of them do........cause some of em, like the idea of being the boss and it's a Head thing!!!!!!

Default hey trbl

if ya got more time in the crapper than them ,,,,why arent you the leader?

Quote Originally Posted by scammy View Post
    if ya got more time in the crapper than them ,,,,why arent you the leader?
    Because 20 years ago, I took a Trouble/Service Truck!!! Back then, it was the BEST job the company had, plus being in a small town, with the bosses being 35 miles away, it was a Tater It still is a Tater, but they load us down with other stuff than we didn't have to do 20 years ago, it ain't the tater it was.........but if I can get my orders worked in 4 hrs, and there is no Trouble......it's a tater

Besides, in about 5 more months, I'm planning on Retireing!!!!!

Sounds a lot like my situation TBL. 10 years working for a contractor, then 10 years at a utility in their construction crew, 8 years as a troubleman then the wheel falls of in trouble dept. and I'm about to cut back to the line crews at the bottom of the senority list (for that department) company senority stays intact. Either do that or get fired for peppering some managers head.

Featured Sponsorr

Crew leader was used at the company I work for quite a few years back when they wanted to do away with the non working foreman title. Their money was foreman wages and the same responsibility, they just had to work as a lineman also. very few of them did much though. Their now called foreman again they are just all working formen now.