Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Featured Sponsor

I doubt it lol. The good old tiger snake is always around number 7 on the world's most deadly depending on what list you look at. Not sure about the scorpians but I did sort them out later with a gas torch when I had taped a jacket around on lower leg and my raincoat around the other lol. Even then I was standing on the road for 10 mins with my switching stick whacking the grass down and seeing if anything else moved. I stashed a piece servive cable in the grass and got one of the English cable joiners to come up the bund and see the dead snake as he was assured there was no snake apart from the dead one as the other one had dissapeared. When I pulled the service wire I thought he was going to sh!t his pants.
    From the pole to the hole and both sides of the meter....

2. Default Help With Poison Ivy??????????

I'm a 25 year old, 2 year - Journeyman Lineman and I Know What Poison Ivy Looks Like. I obviously Avoid It Whenever I Can but It's Impossible To Avoid In Some Of The Areas We're Setting Poles.

I Have Gotten It When Deer Hunting With My Dad, Etc. As A Kid, But Thought By Now, I'd have built up an Immunity To It, But Not So. Have Another Bad Case Of Poison Oak Even Though I'm Wearing The Long-sleeved Shirts, Pants, Boots., Etc.

Sick Of The Shots And The Itching And The Blisters.

Anyone Out There Have Any Ideas On How To Diminish The Itching When You've Gotten Poison Ivy??? Thanks.

R. Woodson

I'd recogmend taking about 700mls of Jack Daniels but thats just me.

4. Default

One of the nice things about Alaska, we don't have anything like that up here, especially the ticks. But it does get cold.

Oh ya, you do have to worry about the Grizzly and Black bears though HaHa, nothing a .454 Casull won't take care of though.
    Last edited by Remmy; 02-19-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Ticks are something to take rather seriously. Do a search for Lymes disease to see why. It's either on the increase, or they have just started diagnosing it properly.

Note about removing ticks. If you put stuff on them like oil or spirit it stops them breathing through their skin and they kinda "vomit" before they come out. That increases the risk of infection greatly. You're better using the little tick hooks that look like a tiny sort of claw hammer end.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

I just pull them out with, I use my thumb and index finger pull and twist and they come out alright. Just have to check that you get the head out as it will cause an infection quickly if you don't get it out. If it doesn't come out you have to get some one - preferably a doctor to "dig" it out...

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by RadonHuffer View Post

If you get bit, Pack the bite in ICE.
    That's the worst thing you can do!
    http://www.canyons.edu/Offices/PIO/r...nakeinfor.html