Thread: Seeking counsel

jetsam64@yahoo.com Guest

Default Progress Energy

Featured Sponsor

One of very few non union utilities.
    Last edited by jetsam64@yahoo.com; 09-25-2007 at 08:02 AM.

Default I am union

unions are caused,,,,,,not just happen ,,maybe this company treats it people right,,,,,,go back to henry ford ,,best thing that ever happend to unions ,,because he wouldnt let a man leave the assembly line to take a piss,,,or eat lunch.with that kind of management ,,,you must have a union,,,,,,unions stand up for what is right ,,for workers ,,with that said ,,maybe this utility dont need one ,,,whats your take???

jetsam64@yahoo.com Guest

Default My take

After being a lineman for 15 years I never thought I would be terminated by this said company for asking management to provide me with a safe and harmonious atmosphere, with absoluty no union representation from local 682 which will probably not survive the next round of negotiations due to the fact the sister company in Carolina is non union.

I work for the Carolinas side of said company, and yes it is non-union nor am I here to bash the union because I am not against it. I will say though that I am not making excuses for either side, except for being short handed just like everyone else it sounds like. The company does treat us alright up here though. Im not about to get in the middle of you fight with the company I just hope everything works out for you in the end. Good luck.

Smile Seeking counsel

Featured Sponsorr

Brother, shoot happens. Cut you loss, lineman-up and go to the IBEW local in your area that does outside construction, they will help you get in the right direction to obtain your ticket. It is not a gimme just because you are already a lineman. I had to do climbing test and written test, interview by an examing board etc, but it was well worth it. Remember one thing though, union line hands are expected to deliver a safe quality productive days work for a days pay. The pay and benifiets are woth the the hard work we do. You will never regret going union. My union LU 104 is a top notch outfit. We have good contractors to work for and we all get along good. I am proud to be union.