Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Mag

Featured Sponsor

insulator show in chicago

tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO HAND. View Post
    insulator show in chicago
    tell me more.
    hhm looks like its not in chicago this year but in Wheaton, i just looked it up on the show calendar. but i think Wheaton isn't too far from ChiTown is it? looks like show location has moved from where its been in the past, but here the info for it:

When: March 28 - 29 (Friday - Saturday)
    Where: Wheaton, IL
    Description: Antique Insulators and Lightning Rod Ball Show, (Formerly the Collectors’ Jubilee), Two Day Show at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Road, Wheaton, IL. 8 ft. tables $25. Friday, March 28, 6 - 9 pm. Saturday, March 29, 7 am - 4 pm. CONTACT: JASON TOWNSEND, 720 North Dekalb St. Sandwich, IL 60548, (630) 667- 3357.
    Hemingray Insulators
    work smart, go home every night

Default I just recieved the latest issue

what a great thing the mag is. I suggest if you are ever looking for filler space you insert a tribute to electrical line mechanic killed in the line od duty. Example:

PECO, the Boroughs of Trappe & Collegeville and organizers from KaBOOM!, will host a Design Day for children on March 11. Area children will draw their dream playgrounds. Elements from the children's drawings will be incorporated into the final design for the new community playground to be built in May at the Water Works Park that is shared by the boroughs. Design Day will also be the first meeting of the playground planning committee that will work for the next 10 weeks to plan and prepare for the construction of the new playground. PECO is funding a majority of the nearly $60,000 project as a lasting tribute to Michael J. Killian, former nearby Limerick native and 18-year first class lineman killed in the line of duty in January 2006.

I thought the story on the WCLR was great Dont ask me why

Did anyone notice the man on the front cover working in leather gloves?
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post
    Did anyone notice the man on the front cover working in leather gloves?

i did see that...........but before we jump to conclusions......in the story they were talking about storm eork so it could be that they were rebuilding new and had it killed out and grounded, which would allow them to work in leathers would it not??
    Hemingray Insulators
    work smart, go home every night

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Depends on who they work for Hemi.. I seen crews on the ice storm last year that open, tested, and grounded and still had to wear gloves and sleeves.

Not too crazy if you ask me. I've seen on storms where they pile crews on top of one another in areas and theres lines getting energized all around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingray Insulators View Post
    i did see that...........but before we jump to conclusions......in the story they were talking about storm eork so it could be that they were rebuilding new and had it killed out and grounded, which would allow them to work in leathers would it not??
    Killed out and grounded can still get you killed. But it could have been "new" construction where nothing was around and everything was new so there was no threat of backfeed, etc. I'm not sure I've seen the pic right off hand so I dont know, just a thought.

Good job with the mag Byron, it was great shooting the shit with ya in Kansas City and Shreveport
    Last edited by WCLR; 06-18-2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Senile

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by WCLR View Post
    Killed out and grounded can still get you killed. But it could have been "new" construction where nothing was around and everything was new so there was no threat of backfeed, etc. I'm not sure I've seen the pic right off hand so I dont know, just a thought.

Good job with the mag Byron, it was great shooting the shit with ya in Kansas City and Shreveport
    It's a close shot.....so you really can't tell..but he might be working it Dead and grounded!
    Ditto on the great job on the magazine Byron, and like Willy, I enjoyed meeting you and BS'n at the Rodeo in Shreveport!!