Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Endless War

Default Endless War

Featured Sponsor

The endless war continues. Nine more dead American soldiers this weekend. 99 so far in the month of April.

We have not gained more security for ourselves or liberty for the Iraqis. All we have gained is 99 more dead soldiers, 99 more grieving families, more widows and children without mothers or fathers.

If you read my previous posts you know my politics. But let's put politics aside for now and let us all of us work for some sort of solution to end this endless war.

This weekend I heard people talk about the football draft, golf, fishing, spring turkey hunting, planting flowers, mowing the lawn, etc. but no one talks about the war because it is too unpleasant of a topic. Americans, we need to start a dialogue about the American soldiers that are dieing every day in Iraq. When you go to work tomorrow start a conversation with your fellow crew members about the war. Talk to your family about it over the dinner table, in the coffee shop to other customers, where ever and whenever you come in contact with people, bring up the subject.

American citizens must get involved and find a way to end the endless war! Set your politics aside, what ever they may be and let us work together to find a way to end the war that is costing so many American lives.
    Last edited by tolex42; 04-29-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Lex, I don't talk too much about the war here, it doesn't mean I am not faced with it everyday. I do talk to military recruiters off and on, I send letters to former students who are now in our military forces and some that are over seas. Then there is my Marine son-in-law and we talk off and on about it. I'll even call him up and discuss some things.

It's true I share a good part of my life here on this board, but there is also a very large part that I don't. Many do post here about the war and sometimes I "jump" in and sometimes I don't. Doesn't mean I don't care, it just means I am caring in another way through my life.

JFYI, I don't even visit or read threads about those linemen that are hurt or killed on the job. I hope I don't sound like a callous person or wife, but I just can't go there. I've had some close calls, it's been years ago, but I really don't want to relive them through another's eyes. I sincerely hope you ALL work safe and that includes my husband. There are so many senseless deaths these days. We are surrounded by them.

But in response to your post, I think we all face it sometime during the day and we are talking about it and many are doing their part in one way or another. We just don't see it, you and I. But, I do think your post is an IMPORTANT reminder. Thank you.

LostArt, Thank you for you sincere response

Quote Originally Posted by tolex42 View Post
    The endless war continues. Nine more dead American soldiers this weekend. 99 so far in the month of April.

We have not gained more security for ourselves or liberty for the Iraqis. All we have gained is 99 more dead soldiers, 99 more grieving families, more widows and children without mothers or fathers.

If you read my previous posts you know my politics. But let's put politics aside for now and let us all of us work for some sort of solution to end this endless war.

This weekend I heard people talk about the football draft, golf, fishing, spring turkey hunting, planting flowers, mowing the lawn, etc. but no one talks about the war because it is too unpleasant of a topic. Americans, we need to start a dialogue about the American soldiers that are dieing every day in Iraq. When you go to work tomorrow start a conversation with your fellow crew members about the war. Talk to your family about it over the dinner table, in the coffee shop to other customers, where ever and whenever you come in contact with people, bring up the subject.

American citizens must get involved and find a way to end the endless war! Set your politics aside, what ever they may be and let us work together to find a way to end the war that is costing so many American lives.
    Again nine more American service men killed this weekend (5/5/07, 5/6/07), and no one seems to notice. Of course it's tragic when one of our brothers is lost on the job. But isn't it 100 more times tragic when we lost over 100 service men and women in Iraq in April?

Why do we hear so little about them? What were there names? Where did they live? Did they have families? How did they die?

On TV this weekend we saw the Queen, Bush, the Kentucky derby, etc. but so little about the casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Our KS Nation Guard is out in force this weekend, due to the Greensburg Tornado. The governor was on TV telling of the vehicle (air, ground, and heavy equipment) shortage and troop shortage due to our forced commitment in Iraq. There is a Patriot Guard Commitment for a fallen Kansas Soldier this week in Iraq.
    This pissed Bush off to the point that when he toured Kansas yestreday he wouldn't let the Governor join in a photo op.

Next time he'll probably lay on the floor, kick his feet and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Don't forget stevie.....
    mr. clinton cut 500,000 personel out of our Military. Remember that? No, probably not.

"Forced" commitment in Iraq? Yeah, Life in the national guard, and the Active military, gets sorta, "pressed".....when our Military is gutted.

And now we don't have enough National Guard to help in Kansas. Cause of the "War" of course.....sad. And of course, that's Bush's Fault....

So? Is America's Military been gutted enough by the democrats that now, in a time of War, and national need, we don't have enough American military and national guard to adiquately defend and help in America?

Is THAT why democrats want to reinstate the Draft? Thank Clinton for the state of our military today.

Sorry not all of your Kansas Guard are home. They have to take up the slack of the half million troops slick willie cut out our National Military Defense.
    Swamprat, this is typical right-wing, conservative Republican B.S.. Bush has been president for six years and it is time he stands up and takes responsibility for all his stupid mistakes. All through the Clinton administration years, when we had a fantastic economy, our treasury had a surplus and this country was under control, the conservatives said that was because of the groundwork that Bush the first laid down. Now during the administration of Bush, the idiot, everything that has gone wrong was because of the groundwork Clinton laid down. You can't have it both ways.

It's admirable to support your beliefs and ideals but at some point you have to face reality that this president has our country in real trouble. Swamprat, in all honesty you cannot deny that, can you.

Blog Entries

Mission Accomplished day 1495......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Naw man.
    "Our country is in real trouble."?

Naw...
    Mayby from a pacifast point of view.

I'm a Right leaning Republican.
    I'm real pissed off with my party right now. We had control of the Presidency, the House AND the Senate. And we stepped on our own Dick.
    Didn't do a Fu#$in thing, with a complete mandate of the American people. Yup. The Republican party...completely, Fuc$ed up. That's why we lost control of BOTH... the house and senate.

The war on Terriorism, I truly believe in, and I believe,....it's basis is now, in Iraq.

We, as mear..."citizens" of this great United States of America, really ain't got a friggin Clue, about the decisions that are made, hour by hour in the Oval office to defend and protect the United States of America, a country of 370+ million people.

We're too busy watchin, Grays Anatomy, or,... Are you smarter than a 5th grader....................

If America's, "warm and happy", in their "day to day" life......"All's good".

It's only when something like 9-11 happens. that we come together....as Americans.

Aside from that....
    It's back to Greys Anatomy....

"Did you Tevo that babe?"

Swamprat..... this is scary but this old lefty agrees with you on some of these points......

Your party did have a mandate and they had control and they did blow it. The Republican party lost sight of what they stand for, they abandoned the Ronald Reagan Republican Party and allowed themselves to be taken hostage by George Bush and Karl Rove.

The neoconservatives moved 180° from the Ronald Reagan right. Reagan believed in smaller government, less taxes and a reduced deficit. Where do we stand on those issues today, government is bigger than ever and the deficit is soaring out of sight. Ronald Reagan did not believe in "nation building" and even George Bush, during the 2000 campaign, was critical of the Clinton administration's alleged nation building in Kosovo. And that is exactly what we are doing in Iraq..... nation building....at the cost of 100s of billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

For decades one of the primary issues of Republican Party has been abortion. They blew that big-time, or did they. They had the House, they had the Senate, they had the Supreme Court and they had the Presidency. They easily could have passed legislation to outlaw abortion, they could've overruled Roe vs Wade, but they didn't. Why not? Because abortion along with guns and school prayer are emotional issues that distract us from the real things that are happening in this world and in this government that they want to keep behind the scenes.

Let me make just one but a very important exmple. Almost our entire manufacturing base has left this country for China. We don't make many products here any more and very soon we will not have anyone left who knows how to make things but we are more concerned about Anna Nicole Smith, American Idol and sporting events.

George Bush not only stold the presidency for the Democrats but he stold it from the Republicans too.

dirtywater07 Guest

Default blame game

The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic.
    Joseph Stalin

Sad but true........and that is all it will be. I remember the first days of the war and every soldier that first died was talked about...now it's just a bi-line for newscasters..ohh yeah and 14 more soldiers died this weekend.....its an F-up world we live in. Now we find out more about cover up's like tillman's death who really died of friendly fire which I hate that word ain't nothing friendly about it.....besides that you guys really gotta stop your republican/democrat biiatching. If you really wanna do something run for office as an independent and say F the democrats and republicans they are not doing anything for the American nowadays...we work harder,make less money,and have less rights..

Featured Sponsorr

I've seen some of the "bi-lines" from WWII, in some of the newspapers my day had saved.

The media back then, was Pro America. "WIN the WAR!!" The media "directs" America's thinking. It did back in WWII, and it does now.

Only difference is....Now, The media counts daily, American dead, with NO coverage on "progress" or good news by our troops. NONE what so ever. It's all negative.

If WWII was covered by the media back then, as the media covers the Iraq war today.....

We'd be speakin German right now.

Whatever ya see on your "6 o'clock news", and the way it's presented to America,....the american public just spoons it up,... every night. Truth.

When the "Truth" is,....
    It's the bias opinions of the Liberal media, and the way they manipulate the stories they "feed" to america.

How come we never see any of the stories of the Linemen that are workin over in Iraq that have completely rebuilt the electric grid of Iraq?

Cause....
    they're on contract to Halliburton. And....Halliburton is a bastard, money grubbing company that liberals hate. So? No fuc&in story there.

Well guess what. There IS a story. The Liberal american media, just won't take the time to tell ya about it, cause it's good news, and don't involve dead american soldiers. Dead soldiers are "News". Progress, that those soldiers gave their life for....just ain't news...

Dead American soldiers,....now THAT'S NEWS.
    Like I said...
    Same coverage in WWII?

We'd be speakin German.

Sorry Dirty....

"Voting", is another thing in America that don't mean shit no more. It's all "Played out" and directed by the "media" as they want america to "see" it.

America votes by what the "TUBE" Tells em....cause the "TUBE" is the Truth.

And that's the Truth man, believe it or not.
    "Sieg Heil".

Swamprat, I can't let this one go by without responding.

Just because one is against this war does not mean you are not "Pro American". I am against this terrible, ill-conceived war and I consider myself to be as Pro American as anyone. I have never missed an opportunity speak up for freedom, liberty, civil rights and justice for Americans and also the rest of the people of this world.

People were saying the same thing about the media during the Vietnam War. Don't show this, don't show that. The American public should not be told this and that. When the American public got all the truth they demanded that war end also.

Time and history has shown the press cannot and should not be stifled. Calling it left-wing, calling it liberal what ever names you may, the press must be allowed to report what they see and how they see it. Americans are not stupid. They know not everything in the media is true and they know not everything in the media is false.

As I said in a previous post Swamprat I don't disagree with everything you say. You're right about voting. Americans don't take the time or the effort to learn about candidates. They seldom know more than what they've seen on TV commercials about a candidate. Hardly ever do they listen to the debates and digest the questions and responses between the candidates. Americans are too busy, too distracted or what ever to get out and vote. Today was primary day in many states. In my state, like most others the number of people who bothered to go out and vote is embarrassingly small.

I'm getting off the point here but I believe that Election Day should be on a Saturday, not on a workday when it is difficult for many people to get the polls. I also believe in American in this electronic age we should be able to vote online.