Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Houston, twenty yrs at HL&P then 3 yrs on the road.

Default Are Mormans Christians?

Featured Sponsor

"Now hear it o inhabitants of the earth, when our Father Adam came into the Garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make this world. He is Michael the Archangel, the Acient of days about whom holy men have written and spoken. He is our Father, and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do. Every man upon the Earth, professing Christians or nonprofessing, must hear it, and will know it sooner or later. "

Journal of Discourses Volume 1, page 50

This is Mormon Scripture and it came from the third Prophet of the Mormon Church. He said that Adam was God and that God was a man. The Mormans will tell you that maybe this quote is incorrect... Then they go on to defend it if maybe it was correct.

They will tell you that Joseph Smith was a prophet and all of his successors were prophets who have have revelations from God, including the third prophet.

The prophets teach a doctrine and then next year claim they never taught that doctrine.

One of their Scripture books, Doctrines an Covenants had seventy pages removed from it in one year. The section was called "Lectures on Faith" The reason they removed it was because it conflicted with the book of Mormon and the book of Abraham the other Mormon Scriptures. The "Lectures on Faith" Section taught that God was Spirt. While the Mormon church teaches,
    "As Man is, God once was... and as God is, man can someday be." This teaching came from the book of Abraham, a Mormon Scripture which Joseph Smith claims to have translated from some Egyptian Papruses that he bought off a traveling Mummy exibit. He copied the Egyptian symbals writing into the book. He said it was the book of Abraham, written by Abraham. These symbols are in the Mormon Scripture "book of Abraham" along with the translation. Problem is these Papyruses recently surfaced and folks who can read them have determined JOseph Smith to be a liar.

But don't try to reason with a Mormon. If the the Morman Church tells em "Black is White" they pray about it, get a fuzzy feeling and from that feeling decide that it's true... Black is now White and it never was Black.

Because of the Book of Abraham controversy, their current President HInkley recently said, "The Morman Church has never taught that God was once a Man." In our life time the book of Morman will be relagated to Allagory by the Morman Church and they will say they never taught the history contained in it was real but merly stories that teach us how to live. This will happen because Science, Archeology, Genetics etc. are all comming to the conclusion that the stories and claims of the book of Morman did not happen. Mormon Scientists have been working on these things and have been comming to the same conclusions.

Mormans claim that anyone who is not Morman, is not Christian...

So I pose the question, are Mormans Christians?
    Last edited by CenterPointEX; 11-14-2006 at 09:17 PM.
    2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial matters? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1Corinthians 6

wormy Guest

Default Mormon

Sure why not. Seems to me peoples views on religion are decided by where you were born. If you are born into a Mormon family most likely you are going to be Mormon. Born into Baptist most likely thats what you will be and believe. Catholic family catholic. China maybe Buddhism. Syria Mohamed. Do I know who is right? Nope. Am I sure anyone is right? Not sure anymore. A lady I work with who considers herself a super Christian would like to nuke the Arabs out of existence. Arabs would like to nuke us out of existences. When I see Catholic priests molesting boys it makes me wonder. Of course the same could be said about Baptist or Church of God or whoever. The prisons are full of them. It sure tests your faith.

It is a great big beautiful universe that I feel someone or something created. But with all the killing going on in the name of Religion I just don't know anymore. Its like Swaggert or the guy out in Colorado doing meth and having gay sex or Pat Ropertson. I know no man is perfect but how they do some of the things they do I just don't know. As immoral as I am I am better than that

n_ogden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wormy
    Sure why not. Seems to me peoples views on religion are decided by where you were born. If you are born into a Mormon family most likely you are going to be Mormon. Born into Baptist most likely thats what you will be and believe. Catholic family catholic. China maybe Buddhism. Syria Mohamed. Do I know who is right? Nope. Am I sure anyone is right? Not sure anymore. A lady I work with who considers herself a super Christian would like to nuke the Arabs out of existence. Arabs would like to nuke us out of existences. When I see Catholic priests molesting boys it makes me wonder. Of course the same could be said about Baptist or Church of God or whoever. The prisons are full of them. It sure tests your faith.

It is a great big beautiful universe that I feel someone or something created. But with all the killing going on in the name of Religion I just don't know anymore. Its like Swaggert or the guy out in Colorado doing meth and having gay sex or Pat Ropertson. I know no man is perfect but how they do some of the things they do I just don't know. As immoral as I am I am better than that

Wormster, I like how you explained that :-)

4. Default Mormans

Its been shown to me that mormans are not christians. There belifes are not othodox and conflict with the bible. The bible is the never canging word of God. How can they just make it up as they go along. Read the last chapter of the bible and you will see what it says about those who add to the word of god. If one studies what they believe concerning Christ the devil salvation you will know they are a cult. Now this may sound like I think I know all about the word of God but i dont. However i know enough to tell the real thing from the fake. I always say the word of God is like that plub line we use to straighten a pole it dont lie!

Quote Originally Posted by n_ogden
    Hey CP.
    I will not lie to you, I am a Latter Day Saint aka Mormon.
    So you would like to know if Mormons are Christian's or not.... we read the Book of Mormon, but we also read the bible...King James verison,.

We believe in Jesus Christ. Our true church name is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints"...

In the bible, James 1:5-6 quote "If any of you lack wisdom, let him as of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him."

Anyways, CP, I personally don't have a problem with other religions,

And if you have a problem or question with my religion, don't be affraid to ask..
    Ok, ask I will. You say you believe in Jesus Christ?

To play the devils advocate, ... I could say that, " I believe in Jesus Christ.
    I know that Jesus Christ is a little green man and he lives in a hobbit hole named Moroni on the planet mars. Once every two thousand years he rides the comet Bologna to Earth, hops off and monkeys with the gene pools, and the weather patterns, then sails back to mars on his anti gravity ship constructed from dead sea muck. This has been revealed to me by the Spirit of Joseph Smith, whom I testify is a true prophet. I believe in and am a follower of Jesus Christ my Lord. I invite you to pray about this yourself to see if it is true.

Now, after I said this, no one could argue from this statement that I was not a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. But, One, from this statement, could argue that I was not a follower of the Jesus of the Bible. Clearly the Bible does not support the above belief. To which I would reply, "Well the Bible does support my belief as it is translated correctly." At this point the Bible as translated by me, could say whatever I decided it did, and no one could argue with me. Because I, and only I hold the key to the correct translation.

I read a Parrallel Bible which has four translations side by side. Including King James. Each of these were translated from copies of the origional manuscripts, in the origional languages by teams of men who understand both the origional languages and the language into which it is being translated.

Joseph had no knowledge of the origional languages, yet he added to and took away from scripture as he studied and rewrote the King James Bible.

Mormons claim that anyone who is not a Mormon, is not a follower of Jesus Christ.

Let me ask another question since you will not clearly answer the question, "Are Mormons Christians."

Jesus asked this question of his Disciples and they answered correctly.

"Who do you say that Jesus Christ is?" "Do Mormons define Jesus in the same way Christians do?"

By the Way Muslims believe in Jesus Christ, "They know that he was simply a man, who also happened to be a great teacher. Nothing more nothing less. Muslims believe in Jesus, does that make them Christians?
    2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial matters? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1Corinthians 6

n_ogden Guest

I believe in Jesus Christ.

No matter how you worship, you will still end up in the same place.

"Mormons claim that anyone who is not a Mormon, is not a follower of Jesus Christ."
    -who the hell said that?

You also seem to be a little anti-mormon. Sorry to hear that man.
    You obviously want to protest my beliefs as a mormon, I won't protest yours.

Ok let me rephrase myself... I am not a Mormon hater. I love Mormons. I pray for every Mormon I meet.

You can not deny that Mormon teach that if you are not babtised Morman, you don't stand a chance. Thats why Mormans go to the temple to get baptised for thier dead relatives.

The Mormons believe that those who are not Mormon will spend eternity in the lowest level of three levels of Heaven akin to Hell but not the outer darkness. Which is the Mormons worst fear....

The Moman church has in the past taught, that ADam was infact, God the Father, who created this earth. They have retreated from this position for good reason, but none the less they in the past taught it as gospel truth.

I asked for answer the question,

"according to Mormon Scripture Who and what is Jesus."

"Do Mormons answer the question of "who is Jesus" in the same manor that Christians do?

Is Jesus a little green man who lives in a hobbit hole on Mars?

or is Jesus

as the Mormons define him... just a man, the Spirit brother of Lucifer, the Son of a Heavenly Father and Mother, the same heavenly Mother and Father who had sex and and conceived us as Spirit Children before we were given bodies and sent to Earth to work out our salvation? A salvation that must be worked out to prove ourselves worthy... negating the sufficiency of Jesus's sacrifice?

or is Jesus as he said he was... God Incarnate, Fully God, and Fully Man, being of one substance with the Father. He who lived a perfect sinless life as only God could... He in whom there was no Sin, took on the wage for our Sins which is death... Whose sacrifice should we chose to accept it makes us worthy to enter into Gods presence for eternity apart from all our good works which are dung as Paul says?

You say,

" No matter how you worship, you will still end up in the same place."

This is a false statement... It can not be true...
    If I belive that Jesus is a little green man who lives in a hobbit hole on Mars, and I worship him by commiting PHedophilia with Virgins .. I am certain I will not end up in the same place as a follower of the Biblical Jesus.

When I say, "fully God" I tread on Mormon eggshells.
    If you ask a Morman is God a man... the answer is NO! But if you ask them is God an exaulted man the anser is yes...

If you ask a Moman, "is there only one God", they say yes.

If you ask them "are there other Gods" they will say yes.

Confused? They answer this way to blind not only the outsiders, but also to blind Mormans.

When you delve into their doctrine, you find that, "As man is, God once was, and as God is, man may someday be." There are other Gods, but there is only one God which with we have to do."

You can and will not give me a straight answer on any question pertaining to the truth of the Bible. You are trained to speak in circles and jump thru hoops of reason to deny the plain truths of the Bible... because the Bible is only true as "translated correctly." and JOseph Smith who had no training in any of the languages in which the Bible was written is according to you, the only one who has the key to true interpratation. In fact when presented with undenyable truth, the only recourse for a Morman is to bear their testimony... next time you see one bear testimony look closely into their eyes... their pupils will dialate... It is a self hypnosis technique that is learned at "Fast and testimony" This hypsosis gives them an sense of peace... They mistake this for the Spirit of God speaking truth to them. This technique is the same as that of Yoga/Hinduism...
    Last edited by CenterPointEX; 11-28-2006 at 10:56 PM.

moose Guest

Smile Great Teacher

CP,
    If you haven't heard of him, I'm sure you can find him on a station in Texas. John Hagee, Pastor Cornerstone Baptist Church in San Antonio, Texas. If you can catch A rerun, he can explain all you seek with absolute clarity. if no reruns, just drop him a line and he will respond.

n_ogden Guest

Gotta love the anti's.

n_ogden Guest

Featured Sponsorr

CP,

I dunno man. I gotta figure all of this out myself.

I'm still young and I don't take religion as serious as I should. I just ain't ready for "commitment" yet I guess.

as for me being a mormon, who knows, that can change. I ain't sure where I belong yet...as I said above, I'm still young and figuring things out.

If I came off a little hostile, I'm sorry about that man.

Jesus saves.