Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: call outs

dog38 Guest

Exclamation call outs

Featured Sponsor

I am curious what do some of the coops and investor owned utilies you work for consider good response too call outs. My supervisor says 70% is what is expected of me. I have heard that 30% to 40% is the norm at most companys.

Default call out

Utility company I use to work with had a policy of 20% call out and I believe 25% scheduled overtime. Pretty easy to reach those goals. 75% sounds a little ridiculous. The worst was JCP&L in NJ having their guys on a 100% call out required. Thank God those boys had the balls to stick up for themselves and fight back.

WE ARE SUING OUR PLACE RIGHT NOW FOR HAVING US ON CALL WITHOUT PAY. CHECK OUT THE WEB PAGE OUR LAW FIRM PUT UP FOR US.

http://www.exelonlinemen.com/

ANOTHER ISSUE WE ARE SUING FOR IS BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TRUCK AND JOB SIGHT DURING OUR LUNCH BREAK.
    EVERYTHING WAS GOOD AROUND HERE UNTIL THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD A FEW YEARS AGO.

DuFuss Guest

I think it's dumb for companies to have people on call without compensating for the interruption in their lives. At least 100 a week for the interruption and a 2 hour minimum rounded up to the next hour if you get called. This might sound low to some of you, but we contract for a place that doesn't give their guys any compensation for sitting next to the phone.

5. Default callout

We get 16hrs. extra pay @ reg.rate of pay for the week.If you are a journeyman,you get paid @ a higher scale,ie;troubleshooter pay.As far as response,if we're not on call,well we don't have a % to go by.We just are expected to pull our share of o.t.and for the most part,everyone is pretty willing to help out.

dog38 Guest

Angry reply

We do not get any type of stand by pay. I was told that case law was 30% because one of the locals at first energy was able to take it too arbitration.Any info on this. AEP/PSO is beating us up on this issue. Every supervisor and manager at this place is a goddless puke. They have no consideration for any one other than themselves. I have seen them cover up accidents just because it would effect thier bonus. AKA our bonus. This company is turning into the good ole boy system faster than a rabbit gets $%$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Houston, twenty yrs at HL&P then 3 yrs on the road.

Can you say Mason...?
    2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial matters? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1Corinthians 6

Our agreement gives as an on-call allowance of $45 for Monday through to friday and $90 for Saturday and Sunday. So its $405 for the week we do on call and we usually get the day on call if they need a hand as well. At the moment we also get an extra $1 (rises each year of the current agreement) an hour (doubles on O/T etc) for us responding to 75% of unscheduled call outs and 50 hours of unplanned O/T each year. With 25 hours of the 50 being able to be put forward from being on call.Its not a bad deal but if you don't get called out or asked to do any of the 50 hours and you haven't been called you keep the extra dollar an hour(on all hours)

We don't get jack here except automatic 2 hrs of ot if we're called. Union here is suppose to be negotiating the on call deal but i don't know what will happen in the end, prolly end up on the wrong side of the shaft as usual

docpyzon Guest

Featured Sponsorr

Two county REC in Southwest Minnesota....8 hours straight pay for a week on call. Guaranteed 2 hours for any calls and on every 5th week. Used to be on every 7th until the new cuthroat manager came on and refuses to replace the last 2 retirees. We have a mandatory 2 man crew after hours and that's the way it should be but with only 4 others to choose from it boils down to being on call anytime the phone rings. Being 2 men short from what we were means we get NO MAINTAINANCE work done at all and we all know that's what keeps us home at night