Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I see your point swampy,but instead of being a hot head,why didn't you go back into the cab and offer the idiot your pen and tell him go ahead, Sir !
    I'm not a hothead. I'm Pragmatic. "Dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations." I know when talkin to stupid fuckers like you is just a waste of my time.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    I'm not a hothead. I'm Pragmatic. "Dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations." I know when talkin to stupid fuckers like you is just a waste of my time.
    Your so easy,so that's why you even replied...to waste your time .Have another sip for me.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I see your point swampy!
    No you don't, You don't have a fucking CLUE dude...
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Ok then ...keep drinking .I give up old man...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jv3fqDe34E

Default So many guys in the 50s want to get out of this!

i understand all of this. So many guys are done with this trade. They want out so bad. Sad thing is there are a lot of superiorly smart guys run by idiot dum management. Every year gets worse and worse. I am getting closer and closer to getting of the bullshit. If I get a safety visit from a utility douche, I will probably go apeshit. No one wants to be foreman or GF, and that leaves it to the stupid douches that want a truck at 25. Seriously this trade really sucks.'the experienced guys don't want any leadership. Been thAt way for ten years! They don't want the bullshit and the headaches!

Yep, Bobbo you certainly are right. I tried it for a couple of years, and I have no interest in doing it again. The ding dong safety guys were bad enough. The young guys that didn't want to work ,and thought they knew everything, them whining to the manager (contracting company), AND him telling me I was too hard on them, was too much. Just trying to do an honest days work!

Blog Entries

The trend at the utility where I was has been promote all the fuckups and dopes, that started about 15 years ago. Part of that is our own fault cuz no one with a half a brain will take those jobs. Those fuckups did come out of the trade and had at least some idea of what made and kept the lights on. For the past 5 years or,so the company has been making clerks and jerks managers who are supposed to run line shops, needles to say it has become a huge clusterfuck, if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Glad I'm retired.....

I really never had trouble with our safety rep, prolly cuz he and I worked in the tools together for years, he knew the ballgame and was a good dude, of course he was basically forced out.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Yep, Bobbo you certainly are right. I tried it for a couple of years, and I have no interest in doing it again. The ding dong safety guys were bad enough. The young guys that didn't want to work ,and thought they knew everything, them whining to the manager (contracting company), AND him telling me I was too hard on them, was too much. Just trying to do an honest days work!
    The trade really doesn't want experience any more. It used to be the older guys with experience would move into those positions. Then about 10 to 15 years ago the companies started making the safety guys and Foreman the scapegoats. OSHA comes down on the company for what ever and they blame the Foreman! To get around the insurance company and lawyers. Us old guys got smart and got out of that bite. Now the companies don't want us old guys on the crews because we can teach and influence the young guys. The companies including construction would rather have the young guns that will ram and jam with their chests puffed out instead of thinking about what they are doing. Have I generalized too much?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by US & CA Tramp View Post
    The trade really doesn't want experience any more. It used to be the older guys with experience would move into those positions. Then about 10 to 15 years ago the companies started making the safety guys and Foreman the scapegoats. OSHA comes down on the company for what ever and they blame the Foreman! To get around the insurance company and lawyers. Us old guys got smart and got out of that bite. Now the companies don't want us old guys on the crews because we can teach and influence the young guys. The companies including construction would rather have the young guns that will ram and jam with their chests puffed out instead of thinking about what they are doing. Have I generalized too much?
    no generalization at at, as a matter of fact, you nailed it...
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by US & CA Tramp View Post
    Not at all. Very well spoken. That's exactly the truth. "Money talks and shit walks". It's cheaper for a "utility, co-op, muni" to hire contractors to basically do most EVERYTHING on their system as far as const. maint, installing new Underground, etc. Now, all they do is try to find the cheapest contractor. With the best young guns...
    ~ Thomas Paine ~